Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Short version:
17 days without my Bolt. Got it back today and nothing was done. Calling the other local dealer tomorrow.

Long Version:
Was having minor entertainment and OnStar issues so I called my local dealer in Charlotte NC to see if they could update my car to v.14 to hopefully fix the issues. Service guy calls me back stating yes they can so I make an appointment.

May 4th - Took car in and 3 hours later they called saying all done. Got home and still had v.13 with same issues. Called dealer and was told to come back Monday so they could do more research.

May 8th - Dropped car off. Gave dealer printout showing the service bulletin for v.14 upgrade and discovered the car was built on Jan 25th so it confirmed the upgrade would help with the issues.
Drove off in a loaner Traverse.

May 11th - Drove by dealer to get update. Told v.14 installed but now checking OnStar issues.
May 12th - Advised VCIM needed to fix Onstar and part is on order.
May 16th & 19th - Dealer watching part tracking waiting for VCIM to arrive.

May 23rd - Dealer says part on back order, no ETA. 3 days or 3 months but not a safety issues so need to return the loaner. Before returning I ask again if v.14 installed.

May 24th - Service tech calls back to confirm the "latest and greatest" software is installed. Pick up car knowing I will bring it back whenever the VCIM arrives. Arrive home and check software version and it is still v.13.

So all in all 17 days without my car, multiple attempts at installing the software and nothing accomplished.

I understand I am in a state where the car is not sold yet but when I give the tech the service bulletin and ask multiple times that the software is installed and told it is I lose all faith in them.

Tomorrow, calling the other dealer in town, who I almost bought the car from as they were going to import one from CA but could only get LTs and whom I know are already certified to service the car but are 25 miles on the other side of town.

·
Registered
989 Posts
The radio update is a dual update. One update is with a USB file upload and the other is software programming. Sounds like the dealer only did half the updates. The USB file upload is the one that changes the version information. They need to do both for a proper update.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts