Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was the second time that this happened.
I got the message from the ChargePoint app that my car had finished charging, but when I got in the car it was only at about 85% charged.
Why would the car stop charging if not full and I have the Hill Saver thing turned off?

Anyone have a similar experience?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Was that on a dcfc or a level 2 charger? The reason I ask is, as I understand it, the dcfc chargers run for 1/2hour and then they shut off. I could be wrong about that but that was the impression I've been given.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wainair, that's true on EVgo DCFCs but not on other networks. I've tested Blink, Chargepoint and Sema chargers in the Northeast and they will run for as long as you are plugged in. Although you shouldn't DCFCs to trickle charge (for a variety of reasons). And even the 30 min limit on EVgo appears to be changing soon for Bolts.

Whereisrich, please describe what level charger you were on and whether you noticed it having shutoff prematurely.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a Level 2 charger. The ChargePoint app on my phone said finished and the car was not charging when I unplugged it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
When you say 85% charged what do you base that 85% on?

Did it only have about 85% of the green bars on the left side illuminated, or do you mean you only saw about 85% of the range you expected to see?

Because that range number can vary a lot, just depending on what heat/air settings you select, as well as what temperature the weather is at, and how hard you drove it last.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was not the same charger.
The ~85% charge is based on the number of green bars on the left side, not the miles estimate.
I will keep an eye on things and try to figure out what might have caused this to happen.

·
Super Moderator
787 Posts
Next time this happens, be sure to note which display mode you are in, and count the total number of bars you see. Don't just estimate, actually count them and take a picture if you can. In the Modern Enhanced mode, each bar represents 5% capacity.

I've attached what a full charge looks like, and what a charge to ~90% (Hilltop Reserve) looks like.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
It was not the same charger.
The ~85% charge is based on the number of green bars on the left side, not the miles estimate.
I will keep an eye on things and try to figure out what might have caused this to happen.
Use the remotelink Mychevrolet app to get the exact #, no need the estimate.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Could it have something to do with your charge settings? In this video this guy is limiting his charging to 80% by modifying his "charge only in off peak hours" settings. Give the video a look and maybe check your settings to see if the buried settings might be effecting your charge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts