Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2020 Bolt Premier the radio portion of the screen froze on one station, the screen where speedo is showed changes for the channel but not to radio. I did the reset forward/home buttons and now working. Guess if I brought to dealer would say cannot duplicate. Is it something to worry about.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
On my 2020 Bolt Premier the radio portion of the screen froze on one station, the screen where speedo is showed changes for the channel but not to radio. I did the reset forward/home buttons and now working. Guess if I brought to dealer would say cannot duplicate. Is it something to worry about.
I have a 2017. My infotainment system has frozen somewhere around six times since 2017. It has frozen in varying ways. Once, just a black screen with loss of HVAC controls. Other times something weird goes wrong with the radio. A couple times, hear a pop on the speakers and lose the radio. Once, had the radio station go off with a just a buzz over the speakers. Seems to vary in its behavior. But loss of radio, display, and/or HVAC controls are symptoms.

I'd only worry if it becomes frequent. But I think most all of us have had it happen now and again. Welcome to the age of computers in our cars. We just had a solar flare the other day, so maybe a cosmic ray hit one your of your infotainment integrated circuits.

edit: just remembered that one time it got stuck on the boot screen.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I've found that odd behaviors in EVs are usually related to a low 12V aux battery, but this probably isn't the case here.

Another culprit has been trying to change a setting while the EV is still booting up.

With multiple processors in the vehicle coming up simultaneously, and trying to agree that everything's OK before turning things over to the driver, getting any stray inputs could throw a monkey wrench into the works. I've seen this issue at least once in every EV I've ever driven (6+) in the last 20 years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
While on the interstate driving today, the infotainment center suddenly switched to show only the rear camera view without the backup grid. There were no soft keys on the touch screen, no way to get back to the home view.
Arriving home, we put it into park and the screen came back normal except that it read kilometers instead of miles. Any ideas? 2020 Bolt LT

·
Registered
393 Posts
While on the interstate driving today, the infotainment center suddenly switched to show only the rear camera view without the backup grid. There were no soft keys on the touch screen, no way to get back to the home view.
This is why you press the hardware FF + home buttons to reboot the system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts