Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Chevy Bolt EV
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any benefit from creating an infotainment system profile if I am the only driver of the car?

Find it quite annoying whichever music I had before stops when profile gets loaded and I have to restart it manually.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier w/ Sun n Sound
6 Posts
Is there any benefit from creating an infotainment system profile if I am the only driver of the car?

Find it quite annoying whichever music I had before stops when profile gets loaded and I have to restart it manually.
I'm no expert yet but yes the EUV allows a profile for each key FOB so that you can save all your favourite settings...not sure exactly how much it controls but in our Chrysler PHEV you can customize climate settings and music options and set things like max speed limit for the kids etc. Just got the EUV in July and still trying to sort out all the options. And so, I think you will find that if you create your profile then it always starts with your favourite station rather than whatever default is set in it now.

·
Registered
31 Posts

I tried it and it completely messed up the audio on Apple Car Play navigation. Could barely hear it and turning up the volume on the car and the phone had almost no effect. Only fix was to delete the profile and go without one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't know you guys what really think and feel about the infotainment system on the Bolt.
In my opinion I think it is a little behind of the rest of other ev's on the market regarding to customization and opinions.
I have been watching videos of the Hyundai Kona electric and the infotainment system has a lot more options and customization, the car even has a mode called "Utility Mode" equivalent to Camping Mode on the tesla. even on the new 2022 Bolt ev ans euv don't even offer something similar yet.
I am talking about software upgrades that engineers can create and integrate on the vehicle and not hardware upgrades which obviously can make the vehicle more expensive.
What do you guys think about the infotainment system on the Bolt?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
1,960 Posts
I don't know you guys what really think and feel about the infotainment system on the Bolt.
In my opinion I think it is a little behind of the rest of other ev's on the market regarding to customization and opinions.
I have been watching videos of the Hyundai Kona electric and the infotainment system has a lot more options and customization, the car even has a mode called "Utility Mode" equivalent to Camping Mode on the tesla. even on the new 2022 Bolt ev ans euv don't even offer something similar yet.
I am talking about software upgrades that engineers can create and integrate on the vehicle and not hardware upgrades which obviously can make the vehicle more expensive.
What do you guys think about the infotainment system on the Bolt?
I feel like I've heard that 2017-21 software (including infotainment) was actually mostly written by LG. I think the 2022 EV and EUV have GM-created software. That implies 2017-21 Bolt owners are not likely to see infotainment software updates, but 2022 owners might.

·
Registered
2022 Chevy Bolt EV
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2022 EV and EUV have generic GM infotainment SW used in other Chevy / Caddy / Buick models too. I saw a video review of one of the 2022 Buicks and the infotainment looked just the same (obviously it didn't have the Energy section).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts