Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started looking for a good set of weather mats for the Bolt and looked at a number of them including weathertech mats. I like Aries mats which I have in several cars including a 2017 Kia Sorento but they do not make ones for the Bolt. The weathertech pictures I saw show they don't completely cover the dead pedal. Kind of silly. I saw the tuxmats on google and found they were local to me (in toronto) so my lack of Canadian Pride actually raised up, including the fact they covered the dead pedal, and I decided to buy a set.

I am reasonably pleased with the result. they are cushy and yet have a shiny black rough finish to them. Witht the stiching anf the finish they do kind of feel tuxy. Nicely appointed and fit very snug. They even come with these tabs that lock the mats in place. I paid like 240 for the set of all three Canadian. I think for US buyer thats about a buck fifty US! ;)

I like them here are some pics i did get the rear but I dont know why I did not take a few pic will get some soon and post:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I just noticed that the Tux Mats go around the seat rails and under the front seats a bit. The Weathertech custom fit ones don't do that. +1 to the Tux mats.

I "just noticed" the Rubbermaid cup holder extender. How do you like it? Does it stay firmly within the Bolt's cup holders? I was looking at it as filler on Amazon since it's only $5 but was afraid it'd rattle around without a cup inside it to weigh it down. More info on Amazon's listing:[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-Mobile-Organization-3319-20-Organizer/dp/B00U1NCPC2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514952686&sr=8-1&keywords=rubbermaid+cup+holder[/ame]

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the rubbermaid cup holder works perfect. it has the rubber bit that compress into the bolts cupholder and it does not move. I got it on amazon.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I saw the tuxmats on google and found they were local to me (in toronto) so my lack of Canadian Pride actually raised up, including the fact they covered the dead pedal, and I decided to buy a set.
Hey, thanks so much for passing on this info and posting the photos. I ordered a set on January 21 and they just arrived today via FedEx. I'm very pleased with them, great purchase!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you guys have to use the tabs to secure the mats or do they fit so snugly that tabs were not necessary? Mostly question regarding fronts. THX

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Has anyone removed the tuxmats and noticed abnormal dirt collecting near the accelerator pedal? Unlike the weathertechs, the tuxmats have a cutout behind and to the left of the accelerator pedal and I always worried as your dirty shoes press against the pedal, it would scrape debris off and into that cutout dirtying the carpet below.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Has anyone removed the tuxmats and noticed abnormal dirt collecting near the accelerator pedal? Unlike the weathertechs, the tuxmats have a cutout behind and to the left of the accelerator pedal and I always worried as your dirty shoes press against the pedal, it would scrape debris off and into that cutout dirtying the carpet below.
I have had my Tuxmats for a little over 8 months now. I have needed to wash the dirt and salt off of them a few times this winter in Canada. Mats look great, fit very well and clean easily. Carpet underneath looks the same as when the car was brand new. Obviously, I like these mats a lot, best I have owned in 50 years of driving.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you Sean. I'm still on the fence Tux vs. WT mats. My last 4 cars I've had the WT and we've been reasonably happy.
Only one instance I was able to put a hole thru driver's mat at the heel. This after 3 years year round usage.
I don't like that they are not that tall in places; especially dead pedal which has been noted here already.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Costco Canada Tuxmats

Have now had my 2019 Bolt Premier for a month and first thing I did was to order the Tuxmats as especially the dead pedal was already getting dirty due to no OEM floor mat coverage.

The Tuxmats seem to be a high quality product that provides amazing coverage both front AND back... Great product and great price... very happy... definitely worth looking at if you are shopping for better mats...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts