Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There’s a small bin at the front of the Chevy Bolt to the right of the power outlet called the “instrument panel storage”, according to the manual. I’m struggling to figure out what to use it for. It’s a little too small for my sunglasses. Has anyone found a good use for it?

·
Registered
560 Posts
There’s a small bin at the front of the Chevy Bolt to the right of the power outlet called the “instrument panel storage”, according to the manual. I’m struggling to figure out what to use it for. It’s a little too small for my sunglasses. Has anyone found a good use for it?
I use it for my work ID badge and parking pass. I agree that it's too small for most sunglasses - I store mine in the center console.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Seemed to be perfect for my phone to sit in while charging, but I find the location lacking convenience so it sits flat between the shifter and arm rest. As I'm thinking about it, I could probably clean up my dash cam power cable by sticking it in there.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've used it in the past to store a huge remote to open the gate to our community. I've since gotten a smaller programmable remote, so the storage pocket is sitting unused.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I use it for my work ID badge and parking pass. I agree that it's too small for most sunglasses - I store mine in the center console.
Same here. This is sized nicely for generic RFID badges used many places. It seems awkward for a phone but to each his/her own.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Seemed to be perfect for my phone to sit in while charging, but I find the location lacking convenience so it sits flat between the shifter and arm rest. As I'm thinking about it, I could probably clean up my dash cam power cable by sticking it in there.
Yep, the dash cam power cable tucks nicely into this area.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a genie I use for my garage door. I put it there, instead of the normal glove box. Betting that if someone breaks into my car, they won't choose to look there and steal it. I also hide my registration/insurance papers elsewhere than the glove box.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I keep loose change in a pint glass koozie stuffed in there. Easy to grab when I need quarters, and the koozie keeps the change quiet and contained.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's the mini-bar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a genie I use for my garage door. I put it there, instead of the normal glove box. Betting that if someone breaks into my car, they won't choose to look there and steal it. I also hide my registration/insurance papers elsewhere than the glove box.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wallet. I find it uncomfortable to drive long distances with my wallet in my back pocket, so this is perfect. I have also put my IPOD there.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Wallet. I find it uncomfortable to drive long distances with my wallet in my back pocket, so this is perfect. I have also put my IPOD there.
On a related note - a fat wallet in the back pocket can cause back pain, not just while driving, but in any sitting situation. That’s why I’ve resorted to carrying my wallet (now a much slimmer one) in my front pocket. It’s safer too. (Harder to pick a front pocket.)

·
Registered
15 Posts
There’s a small bin at the front of the Chevy Bolt to the right of the power outlet called the “instrument panel storage”, according to the manual...
I think the intended use is for cell phones. Based on another comment in this thread, I am now using it for my garage remote! It works much better there than the obvious and visible place I had it before.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts