Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Bill, how are you insurance rates for your Bolt? I believe you own/owned a Spark EV and Volt? How do the Bolt's rates compare to the other 2? I know comparing actual costs of insurance is almost a moot point, but comparing them to other vehicles like the Volt should be good info. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
862 Posts
I got a quote from my insurance company on the Bolt. Full coverage was about $15/month more than the liability only policy on the Fit EV (the lease includes comp and collision from Honda).
We carry 250/500 with a $500 deductible.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Bill, if you get away from your Bolt :p , you can still answer, but I called my own insurance company just now (Amica) and they said if I removed my 2017 VOLT and replaced it with the BOLT, it would increase my annual premium a total of $61. Since the BOLT has a $43k MSRP and the VOLT a $35k MSRP, the premiums difference may be just due to the difference in sticker prices.

The rep did ask if the BOLT had Onstar, emergency braking, and adaptive headlights. I said yes to the first 2, and the rep said according to their systems, the BOLT did not have adaptive headlights. I guess the Intellibeam lights don't count as adaptive?

Anyways, not much difference in premiums between a 2017 VOLT and BOLT! I bet if my Volt was a loaded Premier, the Premiums might actually be slightly cheaper for the Bolt.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I'm always amazed by how little you guys pay for insurance compared to Canada...Probably going to cost me around $2,000 a year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts