Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
If GM does not add the extra inconveniences, then one could argue that GM wasn't showing any concern about the peoples' safety. If GM does add them, then owners are being put out. GM chose to do it anyway, despite this. Now, they have announced a plan to help offset some of that inconvenience WITHOUT placing people, and homes, and cars at extra risk. Nobody is telling you that GM handled this all perfectly from the start (clearly they did not) but in the here and now, there is no question that they are indeed trying to mitigate inconvenience.

They cannot fix their past mistakes. They can, however, try not to repeat them.
No...they are slowly wearing everyone down. There is no way they are replacing all of these batteries. Its gonna be so slow. Purposely slow. THEY know they are not. Batteries are at a premium. Huge orders for the EV vans are already placed. They cannot get 5 years of batteries to do this recall. The software is an effort to stop the replacement. They will say this software will keep the car safe. I have no inside knowledge. I just recognize corporate bullshit easier than most. Lets start a pool. Ill take 10% replaced before software is announced to be required to identify an anomaly in your battery to get a new battery.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I just recognize corporate bullshit easier than most. Lets start a pool. Ill take 10% replaced before software is announced to be required to identify an anomaly in your battery to get a new battery.
I dunno, there’s ~70,000 (?) folks with letters saying they are getting a new battery, more capacity, and new warranty. GM can’t just say “kidding” and move on.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I just recognize corporate bullshit easier than most. Lets start a pool. Ill take 10% replaced before software is announced to be required to identify an anomaly in your battery to get a new battery.
While I could see the above for '20 to '22, if it's validated, it seems highly unlikely they will renege on what they said and already sent out (via snail mail) to '17 to '19 Bolt drivers.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
No...they are slowly wearing everyone down. There is no way they are replacing all of these batteries. Its gonna be so slow. Purposely slow. THEY know they are not. Batteries are at a premium. Huge orders for the EV vans are already placed. They cannot get 5 years of batteries to do this recall. The software is an effort to stop the replacement. They will say this software will keep the car safe. I have no inside knowledge. I just recognize corporate bullshit easier than most. Lets start a pool. Ill take 10% replaced before software is announced to be required to identify an anomaly in your battery to get a new battery.
5 years of sales, I would hope 100% replacement over next 3 years... 2017-2019 in 18 mo.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I dunno, there’s ~70,000 (?) folks with letters saying they are getting a new battery, more capacity, and new warranty. GM can’t just say “kidding” and move on.
I have received no email or letter from GM stating this. Bought 4/2017. They have all my info to send to me either by email or pony express. No contact from buyback for 3 weeks. Started that mid July......Patience?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I have received no email or letter from GM stating this. Bought 4/2017. They have all my info to send to me either by email or pony express. No contact from buyback for 3 weeks. Started that mid July......Patience?
I received https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2021/RMISC-21V560-4200.pdf via snail mail. You can find it under 2017 CHEVROLET BOLT 4 DR FWD | NHTSA. It also exists in the '18 and '19 equivalent of that URL.

I have a US-pack '19. Many others of other '17 to '19 model year Bolts have also reported receiving the letter.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I disagree with your assessment. But only time will show us the truth.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
5 years of sales, I would hope 100% replacement over next 3 years... 2017-2019 in 18 mo.
GM can't wait that long, and they know it. Until this recall is at least mostly cleaned up, how can they expect to parade out any new product without backlash? I am guessing that by this time next year, every Bolt owner will be able to get their battery replaced.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
1,965 Posts
5 years of sales sounds like a lot - until you realize it's less than 3 months worth of Tesla deliveries. Actually, less than 2 months worth if deliveries for the quarter were averaged out (Tesla typically has a large surge in deliveries at the end of each quarter).

61 - 70 of 70 Posts