Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Chevrolet Bolt EV LT 2019 Kinetic Blue
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Anyone know of some instructions-for-dummies on how to remove and reinstall the various plastic trims, covers, door sills, kick panels, etc in the Bolt? Thanks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Same here,
I want to remove the inside plastic quarter panel (hatch area) so I can tap out a small dent in the quarter.
I popped two small round covers and there's no fasteners underneath.
Larry

·
Registered
Chevrolet Bolt EV LT 2019 Kinetic Blue
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had my car treated for corrosion protection and they removed the door panels to apply their stuff. I watched them using a tool vaguely ressembling a flat blade screwdriver to merily pry the retaining clips off. Reassembling the door panels is simply a question of carefully aligning the door clips, then pushing/nudging/gentlly hitting the panel into place! I should be getting such a tool!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Same here,
I want to remove the inside plastic quarter panel (hatch area) so I can tap out a small dent in the quarter.
I popped two small round covers and there's no fasteners underneath.
Larry
Not quite sure, what you need to do...
But, for argument sake... Say you have a dent in the metal behind the rear doors and in front of the rear hatch on the side of the BoltEV

From the bumper, you'll try to remove the rear bumper fascia and you can't seem to reach it either..

So, you try to go from the wheel well... Jacking up the car, removing the tire, and removing the wheel liner

Can see the wires for the rear lower signal lamp...

From the lower interior trim, you may be able to reach it on the left side through that access hole...

But not sure where you need to get to...

If it is accessible through that hole then, you JUST need to...

1. Remove the luggage shade for either side​
2. Remove the rear side door sill garnish molding from side being worked on.​
3. Remove the rear seat back bolster from side being worked on.​
4. Remove 40% rear seat back cushion for left, 60% for right.​
5. Reposition the body lock pillar upper trim panel from side being worked on.
6. Remove the lift gate sill garnish molding.​
7. Remove the load floor stowage compartment cover support from side being worked on.​
8. Remove the cargo center courtesy lamp on left side panel only.​
9. Use a flat-bladed plastic trim tool to release the quarter lower rear trim panel.​
For me, buying the service manual PDF (on eBay) for $25 was a good deal and gives me 6,247 pages of details on my 2017...

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
$25 for a CD copy of a pirated file.

It’s a shame that the $200 windows-only DRM’d version is so expensive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts