Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Sometimes the screen goes black, other times it freezes and remains unresponsive. None of the hardware buttons like volume, on/off, or climate controls work.
It's not in the manual, but you can reboot the infotainment system by pressing and holding the home and fast forward buttons located below the screen for 10 seconds.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It was gone but now is back again. Trying to correlate it to something but so far no firm cause identified. After some number of forced reboots is does come around and work okay. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We are having a similar issue with our 2020 Bolt. My Wife’s iPhone Xs Max running iOS 14 keeps disconnecting from the myChevrolet Bluetooth link. It will only stay connected for a few seconds then constantly loses connection and tries to reconnect. When you try to use the hands free calling option it causes the “voice command” to stay stuck on the instrument screen until you power down the car. The infotainment screen will also randomly reboot several times. What’s really weird is it works fine with my iPhone Xr running iOS 13.

·
Registered
975 Posts
We are having a similar issue with our 2020 Bolt. My Wife’s iPhone Xs Max running iOS 14 keeps disconnecting from the myChevrolet Bluetooth link. It will only stay connected for a few seconds then constantly loses connection and tries to reconnect. When you try to use the hands free calling option it causes the “voice command” to stay stuck on the instrument screen until you power down the car. The infotainment screen will also randomly reboot several times. What’s really weird is it works fine with my iPhone Xr running iOS 13. View attachment 31119
I used to have this issue - the driver info center gets stuck on this voice prompt, typically when on Amazon Music for some reason. Not sure what the issue was, but certainly software related.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We are having a similar issue with our 2020 Bolt. My Wife’s iPhone Xs Max running iOS 14 keeps disconnecting from the myChevrolet Bluetooth link. It will only stay connected for a few seconds then constantly loses connection and tries to reconnect. When you try to use the hands free calling option it causes the “voice command” to stay stuck on the instrument screen until you power down the car. The infotainment screen will also randomly reboot several times. What’s really weird is it works fine with my iPhone Xr running iOS 13. View attachment 31119
Update on the troubleshooting process... No problems at all while the phone is plugged into the USB port. All apple CarPlay functions operate normally as well as the hands free functions. As soon as I unplug the phone and connect via Bluetooth it goes through the connecting/disconnecting gyrations locks up on the voice prompt screen & crashes the infotainment system. No other apps were open on the iPhone. Does anyone think it would be worth taking it to the dealer to have them troubleshoot or just roll with it plugged in?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Doing the hard reboot sometimes helps but sometimes I have to do it several times. Usually it only works until I turn the car off again. My new driving routine is: turn car on, reboot infotainment, plug in phone, test volume control, if it’s broken then unplug phone and repeat the process until it works. I sit in my driveway for about 10 minutes before every drive now.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts