Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I updated to iOS11 and seem to have two issues with Carplay now.
First, the charging station button on Apple Maps has seemed to change to a gas station button.
Second, the dashboard display for the audio track doesn't seem to update. It displays the first song, but never changes no matter what is playing through CarPlay. Anyone else seeing these issues?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've had more problems with iOS11 than iOS10.3.3 for sure, and I hope today's iOS11.0.1 fixes some of them. That said, it was never perfect with 10.3.3. I think we're dealing with two sets of software (Bolt, iPhone) that each have their bugs, and we have to hope they get fixed quickly enough. I've had to schedule a service visit with my local Chevy dealer to update the Bolt software (why can no one there simply tell me what the latest version available is?), and I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will work better and not worse than before.

I'm updating to iOS11.0.1 as I type this, and I hope to be able to report tomorrow that it's an improvement.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Charging stations are properly listed in Maps on the Bolt's screen for me with iOS 11 and Carplay. I don't get a list of gas stations.

I have seen the issue where the Infotainment's Audio screen doesn't show the right track playing, but the Music app in Carplay does show it properly. I don't recall if it is consistent or just an occasional glitch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I applied the 11.0.1 update and I now see the charging stations back on the map app, though maybe that's just a coincidence.

I'm still not seeing the tracks update in the Bolt interface (dashboard display and Bolt center screen audio page). The music app in CarPlay does show the correct track. It's a bit annoying though because my default settings are to have the audio displayed in the dash and the map on the center screen. Now I have to switch back and forth on the apps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Bolt owner here! I'm having the exact issue. The instrument screen seems to be stuck with iOS 11 and CarPlay... if I change tracks or make a phone call the screen seems to lag behind and sometimes will "catch up" to where I currently am at. This actually seems to cause the Park assist beeping to not play when the screen is laggy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
iOS 11.0.1 helped a lot, but now I'm seeing the problem you described. Next week I'm due for my Bolt appointment and I hope they can update the software to something that works better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anyone else had problems with Carplay, iOS 11, and Bolt software 14.1? The track listings often don't match up, and now I'm having intermittent problems with the system recognizing the iPhone as a Carplay device. The Bolt acts as if nothing compatiable is connected, and the phone sometimes gives a " iAP2 NCM Accessory: The connected unit is not supported" message.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wrong Music Track or Song Listing with CarPlay

Has anyone else had problems with Carplay, iOS 11, and Bolt software 14.1? The track listings often don't match up
I'm having this exact problem. CarPlay lists the correct song on the center screen but the dashboard seems to get stuck on something that played in the past.

Not sure if this is a Chevy or Apple issue. Anyone know if this occurs with AA?

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I'm having this exact problem. CarPlay lists the correct song on the center screen but the dashboard seems to get stuck on something that played in the past.

Not sure if this is a Chevy or Apple issue. Anyone know if this occurs with AA?
the dashboard seems to have a hit and miss about updating correctly. exit the menu and go to another menu item. then return back to the original menu item and it's updated. maybe they need to have a refresh button.

·
Registered
149 Posts
the dashboard seems to have a hit and miss about updating correctly. exit the menu and go to another menu item. then return back to the original menu item and it's updated. maybe they need to have a refresh button.
Thanks, so guess I'm not the only one with this problem.
Does the recent software updates address this issue?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone else had problems with Carplay, iOS 11, and Bolt software 14.1? The track listings often don't match up, and now I'm having intermittent problems with the system recognizing the iPhone as a Carplay device. The Bolt acts as if nothing compatiable is connected, and the phone sometimes gives a " iAP2 NCM Accessory: The connected unit is not supported" message.
After I upgraded to iOS 11.2.1, the Bolt did not recognize my iPhone as a CarPlay device; when I plugged my iPhone in with my usual cable, CarPlay would not start up at all and my phone was labeled “USB device.”

We resolved by doing a hard reboot of the iPhone. In the iPhone 7, that is done by holding the volume down button & sleep/wake button (right side). It’s a different combo of buttons in the iPhone 6 & 5, btw.
A basic powering down / up restart did not resolve the problem, only the hard reboot. After that, CarPlay worked normally and I haven’t noticed any more issues.
While I wasn’t having your exact same issues, the hard reboot may be worth a try.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just checked the software update and it says 14.1 is the latest! :confused:
Your current software update screen isn't actually talking to an external server, it's just telling you that whatever version it has now is the latest.
Once you get 14.4.2, it becomes capable of connecting to wifi and asking a Chevy server somewhere what version is available.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts