Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following the advice on several posts in this forum, I ordered a 240 volt adaptor for my 2019 Bolt from IdeaFab. IdeaFab charged my credit card and sent an email saying they had confirmed my order but it has been several weeks and I haven't heard anything more. They don't respond to any emails. I can't find a phone number to call and I don't see any posts on them from 2019 or 2020. Does anyone know if IdeaFab are still in business and delivering product? Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Following the advice on several posts in this forum, I ordered a 240 volt adaptor for my 2019 Bolt from IdeaFab. IdeaFab charged my credit card and sent an email saying they had confirmed my order but it has been several weeks and I haven't heard anything more. They don't respond to any emails. I can't find a phone number to call and I don't see any posts on them from 2019 or 2020. Does anyone know if IdeaFab are still in business and delivering product? Thanks.
Have no idea, but I did find this phone number on the bottom of their website under "contact us": 1 312 761 0362. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks - I don't know how i missed the number ... sigh. Unfortunately, no one is answering the number when I call it. I'll keep trying for the next couple of days and let folks know if they actually answer it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks - I don't know how i missed the number ... sigh. Unfortunately, no one is answering the number when I call it. I'll keep trying for the next couple of days and let folks know if they actually answer it.
Any update on this? I'd be interested in one as well, but I don't want to follow you off the cliff ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I received notice yesterday
Any update on this? I'd be interested in one as well, but I don't want to follow you off the cliff ;)
I received notice yesterday that the adapter has finally shipped - but it has not yet arrived, so I was waiting to make sure I got it before posting a final note (it is supposed to arrive next Tuesday). I never did hear back from any of my emails and never was able to get through on the phone (so I wouldn't have much positive to say about the customer service), but if they actually deliver, I guess that is mostly what matters. I'll post again if/when I receive the adapter and try it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I received the Bolt adapter. So the obvious answer to my original question in this thread is that IdeaFab is still delivering Bolt Adapters. The adapter looks well made and seems to be working just fine.

So, although I would be a little careful if you decide to do business with IdeaFab because of the less than stellar customer service and the fact that it took almost a month to get the adapter, they did eventually deliver a working product at a decent price.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was going to order one to appeal to my lazy side, but if the wait is that long, my impatient side will take all of me to home depot for parts and build one myself.
Thank you for the update :)

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
You can also simply buy a pre-made electric range cord, with a molded-in 14-50P and a length of cord attached. IIRC HD carries them. It saves you needing to screw-down terminate the 14-50P end, and find a length of #12AWG flexible cable. The pre-made ones might actually have #10AWG attached.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for sharing. The do-it-yourself solution is definitely a less expensive solution (less than 50% of what I paid).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts