Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to this forum. I was drawn into EV's originally by the Volt concept. When the car didn't look anything like the concept I bailed. I've been following the Bolt... and it's utility is trumping my style concerns. I've read that many federal parks are installing charging stations now... and many campgrounds have electric hookups. I'd like to know if this little EV utility (EUV) might be able to tow a small popup trailer. Visiting the nations parks with no fuel costs would be an incredible journey. If they need someone to test it. I'd certainly volunteer.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Don't think I've heard anything about the Bolt EV's towing ability yet but if possible, my main concern would be how much of the battery it will drain just to pull the excess weight.

If it's anything like the Volt, the Bolt EV won't be made for towing at all.

Volt Owner Manual page 9-57: “The vehicle is neither designed nor intended to tow a trailer or another vehicle.”

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, if I went this route it'd be a small popup, I'd do a tent... but the wife won't since we flooded one summer in a downpour. I'm sure it'd cut range in half, hopefully no worse, but if one could really charge at all of the Federal Parks, there would be plenty to see while it's charging. If necessary
y, I could stop at a normal charging station and drink coffee, or look at new cars... but depending on how quickly
y it'd charge, I think that would get boring really fast.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi all, new to this forum. I was drawn into EV's originally by the Volt concept. When the car didn't look anything like the concept I bailed. I've been following the Bolt... and it's utility is trumping my style concerns. I've read that many federal parks are installing charging stations now... and many campgrounds have electric hookups. I'd like to know if this little EV utility (EUV) might be able to tow a small popup trailer. Visiting the nations parks with no fuel costs would be an incredible journey. If they need someone to test it. I'd certainly volunteer.
welcome to the boards!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yeah, if I went this route it'd be a small popup, I'd do a tent... but the wife won't since we flooded one summer in a downpour. I'm sure it'd cut range in half, hopefully no worse, but if one could really charge at all of the Federal Parks, there would be plenty to see while it's charging. If necessary
y, I could stop at a normal charging station and drink coffee, or look at new cars... but depending on how quickly
y it'd charge, I think that would get boring really fast.
Just make sure to check out where charging stations are along the way and you should be fine. Depending on the region you are in it should be possible to map it out so you don't get a dead battery along the way, even while towing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts