Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I’m curious whether anyone that received the letter has completed an MSRP swap. Please let us know!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have some concerns about the agreement one must sign to get the rebate. Here is why:

1, I don't understand why someone who bought a new Bolt (not swapped) would need to sign such an agreement?

2. Why does the agreement apply to 2017 through 2022 Bolts when as far as I know no 2022 Bolts were recalled. It would seem the agreement should be for 2017-2021 Bolts?

3. I find the wording curious as it does not clearly state if this agreement is only for Bolts that were recalled and not the new 2022 ones. In other words, why is the agreement nebulous on the issue, when a simple statement that this agreement only applied to recalled cars and not the new 2022 Bolts.

4. I am really curious as to why item 1(c) was necessary? It seems if there is nothing to hide then such a statement would be unnecessary. In other words, why ask people to give up the right to nullify the agreement if something was known to others but not revealed to the person signing the agreement. That is really curious.

Anyway, perhaps others have a different interpretation that they can share.

·
Registered
48 Posts
3. I find the wording curious as it does not clearly state if this agreement is only for Bolts that were recalled and not the new 2022 ones. In other words, why is the agreement nebulous on the issue, when a simple statement that this agreement only applied to recalled cars and not the new 2022 Bolts.
I have a recalled 2022. It was part of the recall. The early ones anyways.

·
Registered
18 Posts
so, my warranties are all cancelled if I take the $? That's not fair.
Not your warranty but any liability through litigation due to legal negligence from GM. AKA: you can't sue them if something bad happens because of a defect they "knew" about. AAKA : if your bolt burns down your house or they reduce the usable mileage for safety reasons.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
491 Posts
I'm also wondering if that means that if something goes wrong with the battery, then you basically released them of liability from lemon law and any possibility of repurchase on the new Bolt.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
2. Why does the agreement apply to 2017 through 2022 Bolts when as far as I know no 2022 Bolts were recalled. It would seem the agreement should be for 2017-2021 Bolts?
There are 2 different class of model year 2022: built before August 20 2021, and after November run 2021 (factory re-start assemblyline for 2 weeks, subsequent resumption of full production MY 2022 April (?) 2022)).

Built before August 20 = recall battery

Built during November ‘21 and after = never recalled battery

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm also wondering if that means that if something goes wrong with the battery, then you basically released them of liability from lemon law and any possibility of repurchase on the new Bolt.
YOU ALL ARE OPTING OUT ON CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT ON 2017 TO 2021 BOLTS. DAMAGES FROM BATTERY RECALLS.

·
Registered
22 Bolt EV 2LT
20 Posts
At least in my state, lemon law cannot legally be waived. Check for yours

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
755 Posts
As I have said before, good luck getting a "loaded" 22-23 EV for 25K. I am a truly happy camper with my swap.

Reactions: Martin D

·
Registered
189 Posts
According to someone on Reddit, they did receive it after a MSRP swap.
I’d like to hear firsthand from someone who received a rebate after an MSRP swap. I also read on Reddit a post from someone who called the concierge and was told they didn’t qualify because of the MSRP swap. I haven’t wanted to call myself in hopes they’d just send me a letter, but I guess I’ll have to call to know for sure.

·
Registered
22 Bolt EUV Premier
86 Posts
I’d like to hear firsthand from someone who received a rebate after an MSRP swap. I also read on Reddit a post from someone who called the concierge and was told they didn’t qualify because of the MSRP swap. I haven’t wanted to call myself in hopes they’d just send me a letter, but I guess I’ll have to call to know for sure.
I have not received the letter. I called EV concierge yesterday and was told that MSRP swaps are not eligible for this offer. But I did see someone post in reddit group that they had swap on their 21 EV lease and received the letter. No confirmation from anyone who has done the swap though.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts