Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a while for the Tesla UMC and Jdapter to arrive. Finally opened up the boxes today, and they don't fit together. Did I get the wrong Jdapter?

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Your J-Adapter looks just like mine, but your Tesla UMC has a completely different car plug end than mine does.

Did you get the UMC directly from Tesla?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your J-Adapter looks just like mine, but your Tesla UMC has a completely different car plug end than mine does.

Did you get the UMC directly from Tesla?
Wow, really?
Yes, ordered directly from Tesla.
If you have time, I'd appreciate it if you could post a photo of your UMC plug.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Took a while for the Tesla UMC and Jdapter to arrive. Finally opened up the boxes today, and they don't fit together. Did I get the wrong Jdapter?
I think The male end connector of your adapter connects to a Tesla Supercharger:

The other end seems to be a European (Mennekes) Level-1 connector?

Edit: I see it's been answered already

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's impossible to get in touch with a live body at Tesla. I've left multiple voice messages and a few emails. I'll give them a few days, before I'll dispute the charge with the credit card company. Knowing Tesla's reputation of horrible QC and customer service, I don't expect them to get back to me. If I was closer to one of their stores, I'd go in person to do the exchange.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.