Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
401 - 420 of 508 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think this is a new offer from GM, you get the money if you sign promising not to enter into a lawsuit against GM because of the battery recalls.
I don't think so. I purchased a car earlier this year and the rebate was conditional on signing the letter stating you would not sue Chevy. While it was conditional to receive the money, I believe it only applies to people who purchased this calendar year before the new price reduction took effect.

·
Registered
139 Posts
So it appears that any Nov built swaps will not be eligible for the rebate. Now some swaps have gotten the rebate letters but not November built ones that I can see.
I think that's wrong I've already read on this board where two swappers have received their letters. GM is not going to open itself up to a fight like that... and besides very few, if any 2022 Bolts, were sold in the first half of 2022 other than Swap Bolts... everything else was on Stop Sale.

·
Registered
139 Posts
???
So some people swapped to 22 Bolts that where built after the stop sale and so had a higher then MSRP for a small bit?
Don’t recall seeing it.
Yes, in November 2021 Chevy Built Bolts for two weeks with new batteries to replace faulty Bolts through the Retail Sticker Swap process. Ours, like many on here, was one of those EUVs... its retail price was, in our case, $6300 more than today's same Bolt EUV.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think that's wrong I've already read on this board where two swappers have received their letters. GM is not going to open itself up to a fight like that... and besides very few, if any 2022 Bolts, were sold in the first half of 2022 other than Swap Bolts... everything else was on Stop Sale.
Swap bolts yes, but not the November built swap bolts.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Got my letter by FedEx. Didn't know it was by the back door as I rarely go out that door. Probably was there a week without me knowing it.
I bought a 2021 Bolt Premier new this last May.
GM is giving me a $4900 rebate.

·
Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,084 Posts
Because of this guy…
Ours, like many on here, was one of those EUVs... its retail price was, in our case, $6300 more than today's same Bolt EUV.
So @OkieBolt got the letter for a Swap. Not a Nov Bolt. But didn’t he go thru a lot of trouble making him a exception?
First one I’ve heard of here on a swap.

I also have a Nov 22 swap. So that’s still 0 here for Nov Bolts. IDNK about reditt
Will see.
And then get the tax credit on top of that!
Doesn’t make sense. Considering deal I got
🤔

·
Registered
81 Posts
So @OkieBolt got the letter for a Nov Bolt swap! But didn’t he go thru a lot of trouble making him a exception?
Wonder if he made a bunch of calls or he just got it?
First one I’ve heard of here.
I also have a Nov 22 swap. So that’s 2?
Will see.
🤔
Read again, Okie DID NOT have a November built swap that he got a rebate for. His build date was 3/2022

·
Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,084 Posts
Read again, Okie DID NOT have a November built swap that he got a rebate for. His build date was 3/2022
You caught me before I corrected it. Just 2 minutes.
I was thinking of the 2 people mentioned in previous post and got the people mixed for a minute.. So only claim on Nov Bolt rebate is from Reditt.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I looked back at my files... I didn't pick up until 6/4 but my dealer wanted to get the sale in before the end of the month so they set it for 5/31... definitely keeping my fingers crossed here :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
So @OkieBolt got the letter for a Swap. Not a Nov Bolt. But didn’t he go thru a lot of trouble making him a exception?
First one I’ve heard of here on a swap.

I also have a Nov 22 swap. So that’s still 0 here for Nov Bolts. IDNK about reditt
Will see.
🤔
I'm of the opinion that regardless of when a 2022 Swapped Bolt was built if it has the older, higher price it will get the reimbursement... There's no way GM would only address a subset of the swapped cars. Additionally, as I understand the Tax Credit in the new bill... it is cash at the time of purchase... That Bill is yet to be passed, signed, and will not be in effect till after the first of the year. However, you make a good point... In regards to the resale value of our November 2022 Bolts. If we don't get reimbursed say $6000 and after the first of the year, the 2023s get the federal rebate of $7500. That will certainly affect the resale value of our cars. I don't think GM would do that to their loyal customers.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
4,557 Posts
...In regards to the resale value of our November 2022 Bolts. If we don't get reimbursed say $6000 and after the first of the year, the 2023s get the federal rebate of $7500. That will certainly affect the resale value of our cars. I don't think GM would do that to their loyal customers.
Help me understand why an automaker should retroactively compensate past purchasers for changes in market value caused by something other than the automaker itself. It's the federal government, not GM, that is implementing the tax credit that would reduce the resale value of your Bolt. If on January 1, 2023, Nissan came out with a new Leaf that had a 300 mile range, CCS 75 kW charging, priced at $25,000, that would reduce the resale value of your Bolt. Should GM compensate you for that?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Help me understand why an automaker should retroactively compensate past purchasers for changes in market value caused by something other than the automaker itself. It's the federal government, not GM, that is implementing the tax credit that would reduce the resale value of your Bolt. If on January 1, 2023, Nissan came out with a new Leaf that had a 300 mile range, CCS 75 kW charging, priced at $25,000, that would reduce the resale value of your Bolt. Should GM compensate you for that?
I don't think GM has any responsibility in regards to the Federal rebate if it is approved. And didn't mean to insinuate that they did... All I'm saying is that the effect of the price cut and rebate will certainly affect our resale values.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You caught me before I corrected it. Just 2 minutes.
I was thinking of the 2 people mentioned in previous post and got the people mixed for a minute.. So only claim on Nov Bolt rebate is from Reditt.
FWIW I re-read the Reddit thread. I assume it’s the one people are talking about. The person mentions he did an MSRP swap at the end of May and got the FedEx letter regarding the rebate. No where in that thread is the mention that his swap is a November built one. This was posted. Over a week ago. FedEx moves fast, if you or anyone is to get this letter it would have come by now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is the MSRP adjustment due to the Tax credit though? I assumed it was due to the Ultium tech and discontinuing of the Bolt... When you look at the timeline, the June announcement does not line up with the tax credits being announced / lined up for approval in the Senate as part of the BBB...

That said, it is difficult to argue with your point... Caveat Emptor

401 - 420 of 508 Posts