Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
421 - 440 of 508 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
FWIW I re-read the Reddit thread. I assume it’s the one people are talking about. The person mentions he did an MSRP swap at the end of May and got the FedEx letter regarding the rebate. No where in that thread is the mention that his swap is a November built one. This was posted. Over a week ago. FedEx moves fast, if you or anyone is to get this letter it would have come by now.
Font Number Screenshot Document Rectangle

·
Registered
81 Posts
Because there are many many people getting the letters and we have yet to see not one, that we know about with an Msrp November built swap show proof of this letter. That can’t be by mistake. From my opinion, it looks like GM pulled those VINS from the pool. I could be proven wrong in the future.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,725 Posts
I leased my EUV a year ago at practically MSRP, got about a $500 discount. With the change in MSRP and the current discounts offered, the market value of my car took a noticeable hit. I was offered $33000 as a trade last week, but my lease buyout is $35000 right now. People can get a brand new EUV with a good battery for that price, so I'm between a rock and a hard place. GM isn't offering me any rebate (not that I would expect one, but I'd take it if offered), I'm stuck with an 80% charge limit until the battery is replaced, and there's a chance the battery won't be replaced until the lease is up. I'm going to take a loss trading it on another car, and the longer I wait the loss would likely become larger. And to top if all off there's really nothing available on any dealer lot that interests me at the moment without spending at least $80,000. I someone wanted to assume my lease, I'd probably jump on that, but again, my payments ($525) and payoff number probably doesn't make it attractive to anyone. Plus. I believe GM will only allow lease assumptions within the same state, so someone in WA would have to want it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
One guy maybe 2 said they got the letter regarding a trade repurchase and we have not heard again from them. It may just be a tease for those of us that traded in our old bolt for a 2022 bolt. People do stuff just to see what happens and all the comments and maybe a laugh.
I reviewed my paperwork, and it was a trade in and no mention of a swap or MSRP. I had agreed to no incentives for this trade on a seperate form. But, is the refund an incentive or just a refund for the lower price.
I personally don't see this as an incentive as GM is not calling it an incentive at the time of purchase.
Only GM's legal dept know what it all means. GM should clarify this for those of us that traded in for a new vehicle due to the battery issue. I did the trade as I knew it was a better vehicle, 2022 EUV, and was going to have to wait a couple of years for a new battery for the 2021 EV, being last on the list. I'm sure GM knew this and that the lawsuit would be worth maybe $6,000, maybe more if you had to wait 3 years for a new battery.

I do like the new EUV and just got back from a 400-mile trip in Michigan. I DC charged 2x and also used the 120 volt charger for a few days at the cabin for free. EV America had 4 in Bay City and I only charged for about 30 minutes to top it off to 80%. GM will probably raise price in Dec so they can make a few more thousand on the sale. Dealers will also profit as they never miss screwing customers for $$$$$. So the value of our Bolts will probably remain the same.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'd say any November builds that were delivered on or after Jan 1 would be eligible.
I'm not sure about this but I "think" they were all delivered after the first of this year, I signed my letter on 3/17 and took delivery on 4/9. We know that some swaps have received their letters already which means the swaps count as a sale. I believe like you that they are eligible.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'd say any November builds that were delivered on or after Jan 1 would be eligible.
We’ll find out sooner or later. Maybe there was something in our packets that we signed at the dealer that satisfied their needs pertaining to the class action suit that they don’t need to “bribe” us for. Maybe it was worded in there that covered the November built swaps that wasn’t covered on post November built swaps that they needed to clean up. Just a hunch.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
491 Posts
I'm not sure about this but I "think" they were all delivered after the first of this year, I signed my letter on 3/17 and took delivery on 4/9. We know that some swaps have received their letters already which means the swaps count as a sale. I believe like you that they are eligible.
was your swap a lease SOC or a purchase?

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Am I the only person who has a November ‘21 build Bolt to notice that the VIN has an extra letter that other 2022 MY don’t?

In position “9” is an X. Other Bolt VIN I have both had and seen, position “9” is a number.

Anyone else notice this about their November-run?

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EV 1LT - Summit White
74 Posts
Am I the only person who has a November ‘21 build Bolt to notice that the VIN has an extra letter that other 2022 MY don’t?

In position “9” is an X. Other Bolt VIN I have both had and seen, position “9” is a number.

Anyone else notice this about their November-run?
You can check your VIN at the NHTSA site. The ninth digit is a check digit.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You can check your VIN at the NHTSA site. The ninth digit is a check digit.

I just found this explanation:

The check digit, found in position 9 of the VIN and compulsory for vehicles in North America, is used to validate a VIN. This is helpful for computers to immediately tell if there is an error or issue with the VIN. The check digit is calculated by removing all of the letters and substituting them with their appropriate number counterparts. You then take those numbers and multiply them against a weight factor table. You then have 16 numbers which you add together and divide by 11. The remainder is the check digit. If the remainder is 10, then the check digit is “X."

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I just found this explanation:

The check digit, found in position 9 of the VIN and compulsory for vehicles in North America, is used to validate a VIN. This is helpful for computers to immediately tell if there is an error or issue with the VIN. The check digit is calculated by removing all of the letters and substituting them with their appropriate number counterparts. You then take those numbers and multiply them against a weight factor table. You then have 16 numbers which you add together and divide by 11. The remainder is the check digit. If the remainder is 10, then the check digit is “X."
Ok. I substituted numbers for letters (placed in the alphabetical order), added everything except the check digit (16 numbers) add up to 98.

98/11= 8.90909091.

So how does that make my ninth position “X”?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ok. I substituted numbers for letters (placed in the alphabetical order), added everything except the check digit (16 numbers) add up to 98.

98/11= 8.90909091.

So how does that make my ninth position “X”?
I give up... too much math for me :ROFLMAO:. This mentions multiplying against a weight factor table?

Here is the site that the explanation came from. I tested his calculator by using a "?" in the ninth position, and it returned my correct VIN check digit.

421 - 440 of 508 Posts