Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
441 - 460 of 508 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Jackpot:

Now we just need to figure out what this means…
No, November Bolts are not the only Bolts with an X... A check digit is utilized to assure someone has not forged a Serial Number as PA Bolt EV explained above... certain other numbers in the series are utilized to calculate the said Check Digit...If the remainder is 10 then the check digit is “X." There are a lot of Xs out there.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I give up... too much math for me :ROFLMAO:. This mentions multiplying against a weight factor table?

Here is the site that the explanation came from. I tested his calculator by using a "?" in the ninth position, and it returned my correct VIN check digit.

It checked out the check digit as being X, so the weight factor table somehow turned an almost 9 into a 10 (X).

Well I’ll be dipped in dog poop; you learn something new every day. Thanks for finding this explanation. I thought I might have been on to something. Meh 🫤

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
No, November Bolts are not the only Bolts with an X... A check digit is utilized to assure someone has not forged a Serial Number as PA Bolt EV explained above... certain other numbers in the series are utilized to calculate the said Check Digit...If the remainder is 10 then the check digit is “X." There are a lot of Xs out there.
You have a November bolt? So do I. I am not getting a rebate check. Are you (did you run your VIN in the rebate check)?

·
Registered
139 Posts
It checked out the check digit as being X, so the weight factor table somehow turned an almost 9 into a 10 (X).

Well I’ll be dipped in dog poop; you learn something new every day. Thanks for finding this explanation. I thought I might have been on to something. Meh 🫤
You do understand that if everyone knew the correct formula then there wouldn't be any need for a check digit... Right?

·
Registered
139 Posts
You have a November bolt? So do I. I am not getting a rebate check. Are you (did you run your VIN in the rebate check)?
First of all, unless you get the FedEx letter you can't check if you get the Rebate. The sign-in is a combination of your Ser# and the code they provide... So, I have no idea what/where you were checking???

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
First of all, unless you get the FedEx letter you can't check if you get the Rebate. The sign-in is a combination of your Ser# and the code they provide... So, I have no idea what/where you were checking???
Ok, I can’t find it now. So I have not received a FeDEx letter. Have you?

And do you have a 11/21 build date replacement vehicle or not?

·
Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,084 Posts
Am I the only person who has a November ‘21 build Bolt to notice that the VIN has an extra letter that other 2022 MY don’t?

In position “9” is an X. Other Bolt VIN I have both had and seen, position “9” is a number.

Anyone else notice this about their November-run?
Hello
No X on mine. Have O for 9 slot and N for 10 slot. N for nov?
It’s definitely a nov car.

And no rebate letter in mailbox

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Hello

I am guessing that N designates the MY as a ‘22. My 2020 had an L in the tenth position, and I have seen a ‘21 VIN with an M. Or at least that is what makes sense for the tenth position.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
755 Posts
Hello

I guess not, I have "1" in 9 and "n" in 10, and mine is not a Nov car, April.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
755 Posts
Also not clear on GM's term of (offers or incentives) because I DID get the Qmerit outlet install paid in full with my 21 to 22 EV swap. My loan went from 28k to 25k for a yr newer top trim. I figure the Fed tax thing is a wash but hoping the price change thing sends me a check. Waiting will tell. I will say it again, I am VERY happy with my "recall results" at this point! I love my new Bolt and charger outlet and will continue to love it for many years and be thankful for the "fix".

Reactions: Martin D

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I will say it again, I am VERY happy with my "recall results" at this point! I love my new Bolt and charger outlet and will continue to love it for many years and be thankful for the "fix".
That’s all that matters. I feel exactly the same; the new Bolt is plenty of compensation for the battery issue. I opted for the EVgo credit.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
445 Posts
I have a 2021. I'm never gonna sue GM. I'll take $6000. But I think that's just an "oh, by the way" for the people that were going to get a rebate due to the price drop.

Reactions: j115
441 - 460 of 508 Posts