Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Tim Tzotz here.

Looking to purchase or lease a Bolt in the next couple of months. I will be posting lots of questions, after searching the forums of course.

Appreciate any advice y'all can provide.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
On a serious note Tim...

Some ppl have a problem with the Bolt front seats, to head off buyers remorse- test drive the trim level of Bolt you would like to purchase (one has leather seats the other has cloth) and continue sitting in the car for a full hour from when you first sat down. See how you feel after sitting in the driver seat for 60min.

I posted a few pix of my Bolt with her winter tires & rims on after washing it yesterday....
http://www.chevybolt.org/forum/12-wheels-tires-brakes-suspension/16122-more-aftermarket-wheels-3.html#post303905

·
Registered
612 Posts
A comment on gray - it's the same color as the other guy's dirty rear window or the image he sees in a dirty mirror. If you chose that, keep your lights on so you aren't invisible.

A pet peeve of mine is the guy with a raised Toyota pickup repainted camo or flat black who honks when you pull out in front of him. What did he expect, he intentionally lessened his visiblity!

Just personal taste but my last several cars have been white for maximum visibility to others. Not as pretty to look at, that's not a priority to me, but rather a bias toward traffic safety.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On a serious note Tim...

Some ppl have a problem with the Bolt front seats, to head off buyers remorse- test drive the trim level of Bolt you would like to purchase (one has leather seats the other has cloth) and continue sitting in the car for a full hour from when you first sat down. See how you feel after sitting in the driver seat for 60min.
I did see a lot of comments about the seats. Your concept of sitting for sixty minutes is a great one! I will need to regularly travel 2 hours so it is an issue.

Does anyone know what the seats are like in the 2018?

·
Registered
574 Posts
The car comes with an automatic 'lights on' selector, so you can always have your lights on, day and night. The daytime running lights are not the same as the night time lights, but they are plenty bright.

Do you want to get a Bolt Premier or a Bolt LT? I don't think all colors are available in both models, but I could be wrong: perhaps it's just an availability issue. My LT is in Arctic Blue: a light blue. The color selector on the Chevy Bolt website (http://www.chevrolet.com/bolt-ev-electric-vehicle#) is made up of rendered images, and the Arctic Blue is WAY off. Most of the photographic images on the website are of the Arctic Blue model (which appears to be available in both models), and are much more representative of the true color.

It's unclear where you are located. Be sure to check ALL of the tax credits and rebates available to you. Here in California, I get the federal tax credit of $7500 (duh), plus $2,500 from the Center for Sustainable Energy, and another $500 from my utility company (PG&E). Other states offer other benefits, such as no sales tax on the purchase of an electric car. These can really add up. Be cautious of going across state lines to avoid taxes when you buy your car. Many states (including California) have wised up to this.

The only add-ons I got are the fast DC charger option (most Bolts appear to be made with this), and I purchased Weather Tech floor liners for the front seat floors and the cargo area. The ones from Weather Tech are significantly less expensive and of better quality than the Chevy ones. Some seat covers are my future.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
... oh yeah, stay away from the light colored dashboard- big reflective glare issues during the summer!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes stay away from the light ash gray interior with the light dashboard , too much glare on windshield / I had to buy a black dash cover to darken it /

·
Registered
225 Posts
Some ppl have a problem with the Bolt front seats...

FWIW, on my test drive (short 15 minutes), I did not like the seats. But I have subsequently had no problem, even on long-drive days. The seat is firm, but I have no problems. The long-test drive advice is good though.

I have a dark dash, and no problems with glare. Didn't know it was an issue until this thread.

One other thing to think through is to make sure you are prepared for your daily (or regular) charging needs (and have dealer charge to full). I had a loose plan to upgrade charging infrastructure after purchase. But when I got home with 32 mi range left, and plugged in on Level 1 charger, it took 2.5 days. I have since learned that there was a 12A option, which would have increased recharge rate. You can read lots of good threads for home charging options.

Really though, have fun with your Bolt when it comes. I enjoy trying to drive as efficiently as I can, but if I'm in a hurry or just want to have a more fun drive this car has great ZIP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts