Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 2017 is in the shop waiting parts. My 12 volt battery died and apparently took out high voltage relay. 7-10 days for parts to arrive. Gave me a new Equinox as a loaner. Within 10 minutes I really miss my car! If anyone would just take an EV for a spin they would realize what a crappy car an ICE is.

·
Registered
359 Posts
That would have to be a pretty catastrophic battery failure to take out a relay. Would take a large surge of amps (like a dead short) through the coil of the relay to fry it. Yikes! Maybe you can ask how his could happen and report back.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
199 Posts
That sucks. And the Equinox is a decent car, but you’re right, it’s an ICE and I can definitely see where you’d miss the Bolt.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Sounds like two unrelated incidents. Let us know what happens
I wonder if the "high voltage relay" referred to is one that supplies power to the inverter - if it failed and the car was running its low voltage systems off nothing but the 12V battery that would explain both failures.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder if the "high voltage relay" referred to is one that supplies power to the inverter - if it failed and the car was running its low voltage systems off nothing but the 12V battery that would explain both failures.
I believe that is what happened. Will get full details when repair is done. Also the seats in the Equinox suck too....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got car back Friday. Here is the report.
Case # 9-6065990182 Internal fault to high voltage relay causing vehicle not to charge and multiple DTCS to check. Verified customer concern DCTS P1E00 P0F09 P0D4D P0D26 P1F59 P0D0A. Long story short 12v battery replaced high voltage battery disconnect relay replaced. High voltage battery was drop for replacement. Nice to have it back!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts