Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
What sucks is the rear jack points are recessed. For the rear jack point you basically need a jack specifically made for the Bolt or S10 in order to get it in that tight spot and sitting in there correctly. Very difficult to figure out where it even is for anybody not familiar with Bolt.

If you have a regular floor jack then use the beefy front jacking points which protrude downward. You should be able to lift the whole side of the car with any standard non Chevy specific jack which is rated high enough to lift the weight. Or at least I have been able to do so on my car without issue. I would avoid the rear jack points period. And like I said, I had an assist guy who was 100% positive that jacking up from a battery tray bolt was the correct way to lift up the rear. But I stopped him and did it myself off the front point. So be careful out there people.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Agreed on avoiding the rear jacks. My heavy duty lift and the front jacks are all I will need, I believe.

·
Registered
832 Posts
What sucks is the rear jack points are recessed. For the rear jack point you basically need a jack specifically made for the Bolt or S10 in order to get it in that tight spot and sitting in there correctly. Very difficult to figure out where it even is for anybody not familiar with Bolt.

If you have a regular floor jack then use the beefy front jacking points which protrude downward. You should be able to lift the whole side of the car with any standard non Chevy specific jack which is rated high enough to lift the weight. Or at least I have been able to do so on my car without issue. I would avoid the rear jack points period. And like I said, I had an assist guy who was 100% positive that jacking up from a battery tray bolt was the correct way to lift up the rear. But I stopped him and did it myself off the front point. So be careful out there people.
The quirky jack points make me worry about having my tires changed at Costco, where you can’t see what they’re doing with the vehicle while they do it. I might just bring the wheels over to them piecemeal and install them myself on the garage.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts