Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2019 Jaguar I-Pace
Power train: 2x Electric motor/395 HP (total)
Battery: 90 kW·h lithium ion
Electric range: EPA 240 miles
Plug-in charging: 7 kW AC/100 kW DC
Quickness: 0 - 60MPH in 4.5 Seconds
Dimensions
Wheelbase: 117.7 in
Length: 184.3 in
Width: 79.2 in
Height: 61.6 in
Cabin Volume: 23 Cubic Feet
"Kerb" weight 4,702 lb
Manufacturing Location: Graz, Austria
Price (Est): $86,895 - HSE Edition
Jaguar I-Pace Full Brochure

My Opinion:
The I-Pace is a stunningly gorgeous car inside and out. Makes the TM3 look ridiculously dated IMO. At $80K, it's priced like a Tesla S/X, but is in the TM3 class - thus $25K over priced. At a MSRP of $56K, the I-Pace would likely compel TM3 reservation holders to jump ship quick (knowing that the Fed. Tax rebate will be a non issue). About 10" longer and 9" wider than a Bolt. The Bolt has the same range, same AC charging rate, and 2X larger Cabin Volume, at less than half the price.

The local Jag dealer is taking hard deposits for early Q4 deliveries. They say there will be no "production delays".

The video below really gives one a sense of the "compactness" of the I-Pace with the guy standing next to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Yes, at that price point, the Jag will be a difficult sell.

Yes, they at least Jag understand all-wheel drive is a necessity in the northern tier. (I mean Subaru made all their cars AWD forty effen years ago and it made them unique and thus an otherwise very ordinary car became extraordinarily successful.)

jack vines

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did they make the grill functional or is it just a hold over from the dino days?
"Although it has what looks like a conventional grille, there are vanes behind it that can be closed when cooling airflow is not needed, helping to lower wind resistance even more. "
(I think this means Jaguar has some techo-rationale for making the I-Pace make-pretend grill an easy visual swallow for those transitioning from ICEv )

Dealer says this may be possible:
Lease For $549 per month + tax
$4,995 Total Due at Signing Including 1st Payment, Tax, Title and License Fees, Security Deposit Waived. Factory Scheduled Maintenance Included. 10,00 Miles Per Year, 0.30c Excess Mileage Charge. 36 Months. On Above Average Approved 700+Credit

·
Registered
63 Posts
Jaguar said in Geneva the I-Pace will start at $69,500.

I think the rear of the car looks awkward and un-Jaguar like, but otherwise it’s quite nice.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Yeah, grilles are silly on EVs, but they know their buyers. It is twice the price of the Bolt, but much more luxurious, and owners won't have to defend buying a Jag to their friends. I suspect it will do pretty well.

·
Registered
293 Posts
A Jaguar made in Austria?

Meh. I'm happy with the Bolt. As far as SUV's go, I just convinced my sister to get an Equinox LT. About $500 a month cheaper lease.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
the dual-motor Model 3 will have 25% longer range will be 25% cheaper.
Care to put a date to when that will be and how much you'd be willing to bet on it?

(FWIW, that would be our next EV; but we're enjoying driving the Bolt for the past year, while friends who put deposits on the Model 3 way prior to that are still waiting, with no delivery date in sight.)

jack vines

·
Registered
979 Posts
The manufacturing location Graz, Austria gave it away. I-pace is an outsource assembly deal with Magna International (Cdn roots!). That's where some of the euro based mfrs send their low volume kit cars.

Its 1200 lbs heavier than Bolt with 50% more kWh's battery. But it gets about the same EPA range ? How efficient & environmentally friendly is that.

If they actual make some for Canada it will be popular in major metros like Toronto. Euro zoot commands a lot of interest and price is no object here for those zoot intenders.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Care to put a date to when that will be and how much you'd be willing to bet on it?

(FWIW, that would be our next EV; but we're enjoying driving the Bolt for the past year, while friends who put deposits on the Model 3 way prior to that are still waiting, with no delivery date in sight.)

jack vines
The date is not known yet, hence the "When the i-Pace shows up in dealerships". So, whenever this happens, that day will be the date.

The range of the RWD, 80 kWh Model 3's is 320 miles. The AWD will be more or less the same. The i-Pace has the range of 240 mi. It's 25% lower.

The RWD, 80 kWh Model 3's price $44K, or $9K above the almost-certainly-vaporware "base" model. If we add another $9K for the second drivetrain, it will be $53K, which is 24% lower than the i-Pace's price.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
The date is not known yet, hence the "When the i-Pace shows up in dealerships". So, whenever this happens, that day will be the date.

The range of the RWD, 80 kWh Model 3's is 320 miles. The AWD will be more or less the same. The i-Pace has the range of 240 mi. It's 25% lower.

The RWD, 80 kWh Model 3's price $44K, or $9K above the almost-certainly-vaporware "base" model. If we add another $9K for the second drivetrain, it will be $53K, which is 24% lower than the i-Pace's price.
https://evobsession.com/tesla-ceo-elon-musk-confirms-model-3-awd-option-will-cost-less-than-5000/

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow; that's a lot of money for...not that much car.

They're calling this an SUV? Is that "Squashed Utility Vehicle"? It's 5 inches taller than the Chrysler 300M sedan that was replaced by my Bolt. Certainly wouldn't have been able to bring home my chest freezer or window A/C in this....

1 - 20 of 49 Posts