Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
With a 90 KW pack, if the owner slows down to highway speeds, let alone Bolt user speeds, there is no way that this will not get great mileage. They just are NOT stressing this with their target audience.

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
mechanically I don't think even Jaguar can screw up an EV - there is no complexity to an EV - ICE motors are complex lots of mechanical parts - but EV motors have one moving part and a battery and solid state AC/DC DC/DC components - not subject to Jaguar incompetence…I think the brand will be more reliable than their previous ICE efforts - but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
If you order the Jag, be sure to specify the optional mechanic-in-the-trunk. I don't believe the brand is very reliable...
Almost 50% of the top 16 worst cars manufactured during the 1980's were GM built. And deservedly so.

Jaguar's quality reputation was horrid before being sold to Ford. Ford acquired Jaguar in 1990, and produced much better vehicles, but still not near the best. Tata purchased Jag in 2008. New ownership under a wealthy parent company that could afford to make long term investments in R&D and quality manufacturing. Jaguar now has 'near average' reliability and dependability ratings, equal to Acura and better than Volvo, Subrau, and Cadillac. But its owner satisfaction ratings are strong — better than Lexus. There was a time when Jaguar didn't even make this list at all. (like Tesla's horrid quality now)

My point is we tend to retain beliefs from 30,40, or 50 years ago. Or worse yet, take the word of someone else that holds stale beliefs. I've never heard someone say the Subaru brand isn't reliable. Jaguar is 2 owners removed from that bad reputation of 20+ years ago. So many consumers still believe with every fiber of their being that today's GM is the same as the GM of the 1970's and 80's. I'm sure glad I was open enough to consider today's GM, and not be so blinded by ghost reputations from decades past.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts