Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! Joined the Bolt owners club today with a 2017 Premier. The primary reason for the Bolt was to have the HOV access as a daily commuter for my wife. A few questions for those experienced owners, especially in CA:

- Dealer didn't provide white sticker, but I know which DMV form needs to be submitted. Being the car is brand new and we won't have any registration docs for a bit, what's the status of being able to use the HOV lane prior to sticker approval?

- What is something you have learned from owning and driving a Bolt that the dealer didn't tell you?

I guess that's all for now! Hoping GM has created something worth taking the chance on. We do have a Tesla Model 3 reservation but with all the speculation on tax credit being available, production delays, we went with the "sure thing".

·
Registered
989 Posts
Don't drive in the HOV lane without those stickers. They will give you a ticket.
As soon as your reg comes in, go online and register for the stickers.

Welcome to the E-Side of life! :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello! Joined the Bolt owners club today with a 2017 Premier. The primary reason for the Bolt was to have the HOV access as a daily commuter for my wife. A few questions for those experienced owners, especially in CA:

- Dealer didn't provide white sticker, but I know which DMV form needs to be submitted. Being the car is brand new and we won't have any registration docs for a bit, what's the status of being able to use the HOV lane prior to sticker approval?

- What is something you have learned from owning and driving a Bolt that the dealer didn't tell you?

I guess that's all for now! Hoping GM has created something worth taking the chance on. We do have a Tesla Model 3 reservation but with all the speculation on tax credit being available, production delays, we went with the "sure thing".
Welcome to the club! I hope you have as much fun and joy driving this car as I have :D As for you second question - I would not trust anything the dealer told me. The sales guy was not even sure of what the L mode really was. So yeah - read the manual and ask the forum. Some really wonderful and knowledgeable people here :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha, well in all fairness I was under a bit of a time crunch and couldn't stick around for any detail walk through. I spent a bit of time last night in the car and the settings via the dashboard, I think I've got everything dialed in. The car is primarily for my wife, who had it today and came back with a "thumbs up".

Been an interesting read on the forums, found a thread existed for an issue I noticed while at the dealer - the driver side dash and quarter panel not lining up. I'll be bringing that thread to the dealer soon lol. Meanwhile, time to focus on a vanity plate :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts