Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering a Juicebox Pro, and was looking over the configuration articles, and had a question. I expect to take with me to relatives houses, or use it in different locations on my property (we have a couple of APs for the main house and the workshop). It wasn't apparent to me that the juicebox could handle being configured for multiple WiFi networks. Has anyone tried this, and if so, is it possible?

·
Registered
34 Posts
If your looking for a mobile connector consider the Jesla. It's a 40amp Tesla mobile connector converted with a J1772. It will charge the Bolt at the highest Level 2 charge without difficulties. It also has adapters for different plug types. Bought my Tesla UMC on ebay and sending it for conversion.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your looking for a mobile connector consider the Jesla. It's a 40amp Tesla mobile connector converted with a J1772. It will charge the Bolt at the highest Level 2 charge without difficulties. It also has adapters for different plug types. Bought my Tesla UMC on ebay and sending it for conversion.
A fair comment. If one doesn't find previously owned parts on EBAY, it seems like that would run about 550 (UMC) + 50 (14-30 adapter) + 125 (for conversion) = $725. Not a long ways away from the $600 for the JB and a pigtail. I might miss the extra 4 ft. of cable, but might not. The UMC certainly looks sexier than the JB.

What does warranty look like on that?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Don't know warranty. Just purchase a used Tesla UMC on ebay. I will get it tomorrow and then ship it off for conversion. I paid $380 plus 18 shipping. It will cost about $200 for the conversion. Still need 14-30 adapter with Juicebox. Juicebox is not easily portable. I have an old Juicebox that when I bought my Leaf I had to take it with me and charge at a RV park to get home. Worked well, but its bulky. The Tesla UMC fits in a travel bag and takes up a lot less room. Good luck with your choice and I will update when I get my Jesla back.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know warranty. Just purchase a used Tesla UMC on ebay. I will get it tomorrow and then ship it off for conversion. I paid $380 plus 18 shipping. It will cost about $200 for the conversion. Still need 14-30 adapter with Juicebox. Juicebox is not easily portable. I have an old Juicebox that when I bought my Leaf I had to take it with me and charge at a RV park to get home. Worked well, but its bulky. The Tesla UMC fits in a travel bag and takes up a lot less room. Good luck with your choice and I will update when I get my Jesla back.
It is a nice looking bundle. I did a little more research, and it appears that Tesla has recalled their 6-50 adapters, which is one of my primary use cases. I suppose I could buy a pigtail, but the custom plug seemed slick. The recall seems to affect a number (but not all) of the adapters:

Customers are advised to stop using the NEMA 14-30 charging adapters until they are replaced, a process that will take a few weeks. Customers using NEMA 10-30 and NEMA 6-50 adapters will need to wait three months or so for replacements, but Tesla says there is no need to stop using those adapters.

Full details on https://www.tesla.com/support/adapter-recall

·
Registered
34 Posts
Recall was a while ago and the mobile bundle does not come with the adapter. You would have to buy it separately

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Recall was a while ago and the mobile bundle does not come with the adapter. You would have to buy it separately
Exactly, and the 6-50 adapters still haven't returned to the Tesla store. They have the 14-50, the 14-30, and a number of 120v adapters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts