Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lease offer in June was $249 a month with an absurd $5.1k down. I did $286/mo with $4k out the door which worked for me since it was cheaper monthly than my old car (but not by much) and while the down payment is more than I would've liked I figure I would offset that with the gas savings and a small profit in the sale of my old car.

Made the mistake of tortuing myself looking at new lease deals and (in TX at least) they have it for:

2020 CHEVROLET Bolt EV LT
Chevrolet National Lease OfferUltra Low-Mileage Lease for Qualified Lessees.
$239/Monthfor 36 months.

For Everyone: $3,129 due at signing (after all offers).*
$0 security deposit.

For Eligible Current Lessees: $1,629 due at signing (after all offers).**
$0 security deposit.

Anyways, I'm fucked now right? There's no way in **** they'll honor this and refund me the difference right?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hindsight is 20/20. I always say get the best deal you can at the time on any major purchase and don't worry about chasing the best deal. As technology evolves and improves, you'll almost always find something better, cheaper further down the road. When I bought my 2020 Premier a few weeks ago I took advantage of the $8500 cash back to get out from under a car that I was upside down in. The net effect is that I paid MSRP for my car but since it let me get out from under the gas car I wanted to get rid of anyway and have a little left over towards a down payment it was worth it to me. Could I have haggled harder, sure. But for me, with the limited selection on new Bolts due to COVID-19, I knew the features I wanted and there was only one available in the Bay Area with the exact features I wanted. So, as long as I didn't pay over MSRP, I was satisfied.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hindsight is 20/20. I always say get the best deal you can at the time on any major purchase and don't worry about chasing the best deal. As technology evolves and improves, you'll almost always find something better, cheaper further down the road. When I bought my 2020 Premier a few weeks ago I took advantage of the $8500 cash back to get out from under a car that I was upside down in. The net effect is that I paid MSRP for my car but since it let me get out from under the gas car I wanted to get rid of anyway and have a little left over towards a down payment it was worth it to me. Could I have haggled harder, sure. But for me, with the limited selection on new Bolts due to COVID-19, I knew the features I wanted and there was only one available in the Bay Area with the exact features I wanted. So, as long as I didn't pay over MSRP, I was satisfied.
That's a good way at looking at it. It was pretty rage inducing at first , as my goal was to make this a cheaper car than my previous. And I barely pulled it off. But, I did after all so yay me I guess.

Kinda funny that the filter apparently picked up h-e-double hockey sticks, but not the F-bomb.
This forum has one of the most prudish and idiotic filters I've ever seen.

You got a better deal than me. I'm guessing CA terms.?
TX

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Same exact concept applies to most electronics (think TV's...), except the dollars at stake there are smaller. If it was the right deal when you got it, it was the right deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts