Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just finished buying a white Bolt LT from Maher Chevrolet in St. Petersburg and making the drive back to Miami. Very happy with the car!

The drive home was interesting. I couldn't find any DC fast chargers in Naples, so I left the car for 2 hours at Naples Nissan charging while I went to eat dinner and catch a movie nearby. I also use a Boosted Board for getting around short distances, and it came in quite handy to get to the restaurant, theater, and back. Used a DC fast charger for the first time once I finished crossing the Everglades off 595 and Nob Hill Road. I was really impressed at how much power that thing recharges in such a short time (went from 18% to 35% in 15 minutes!).

I definitely won't be recharging the car every day from daily commutes and such, and I only have a 3.8kWh charger at home. I contemplated upgrading it, but its provided ample charge for replacing my daily usage of my 2013 Smart ED for the last year, so I don't suspect I'll have need for a more powerful EVSE. Last night I left the Bolt charging from 7pm to 9am and it fully charged (from about 50%)

Anyone know how to get the power score card to reset? It says in the manual that it resets once you fully charge the battery, but my scorecard still appears to have all of the "test-drivers" data from the dealership.

Thanks in advance,
Charlie

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
When you charge the HVB the system will reset the usage data.
You can reset the score card by using the reset function. It has a big
rest button when you're viewing the score card screen .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I'm talking about the screen that shows the 4 factors with a factor ranging from -5 to +5 and an overall score. It says this score is reset once you fully charge the battery. After fully charging it this morning and leaving for work, the scores still reflected old data and so I started the morning with a -2.8 overall.

You can slide that screen over to the left or right, and there are 3 screens showing different scores/data. I've already "reset" the screen you mention, and that one works fine. The one I'm asking about has scores for driving habits, terrain, cabin temperature and outside temperature scores.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Congrats on the new Bolt and glad to hear that the score screen reset itself. Stinks when something electronic malfunctions in a new vehicle.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Congratulations on the new Bolt. Other than that little hiccup that you had with the electronics, how are you liking it so far? How many miles have you put on it total and how often do you charge?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm up to 477 miles so far. I'm planning on charging it up every day, mostly because I'm in the habit of doing so, also because I only have a 3.8kW charger at home, and finally because I like to be prepared. I found that having to drop my car off at the mall for a supplemental charge during lunch or in the morning is kind of a PITA. I probably won't recharge on Fridays, since most of the time my car sits in the garage for the weekend.

I love the car so far! I don't find the seats uncomfortable, although after I read about that problem here, I really started to think about it. Maybe the high left edge of the seat makes it uncomfortable to get out of the car. I ordered a footrest protector and a sunshade. This coming week I took some time off, as I want to get rid of the dealer stuff, wash the bugs off from my 300 mile drive home, get the front plate removed, remove the stickers from the visors, etc.

Yesterday I turned the radio to 0 before turning the car off, and so today I drove in to work "in silent mode." Loved it! The Bolt is so much quieter than my Smart was. Now I just have to sell that thing :/

Charlie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts