Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

Three days with my new Bolt, loving it. Which leads to a question... What are thoughts about driving on L mode all the time? including freeway driving.
I had a 40 mile commute yesterday, drove on L and actually gained 2 miles of range? Opinions on L all the time?

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice, welcome!

I drive in L as much as possible. Freeway et al. I'm still getting used to modulating the go pedal and triggering off cruise control (i use the left hand paddle to deactivate it, but i forget to put my foot on the go pedal a little so as to avoid that lurch of deceleration).
It's wonderful in stop and go traffic to use L and one pedal driving. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I use L all the time except on the highway then I use D so I don't have to feather the accelerator. Although I have used L for highway driving at times. It's just personal preference.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hello All

Three days with my new Bolt, loving it. Which leads to a question... What are thoughts about driving on L mode all the time? including freeway driving.
I had a 40 mile commute yesterday, drove on L and actually gained 2 miles of range? Opinions on L all the time?

Thanks
L mode all the time!

·
Registered
281 Posts
L mode is my default mode. I don't use D at all. I use cruise control and L on the highway. I think it's more of a preference as one isn't really better than the other but I like the extra regen and one-pedal driving all the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
BoltFan
Chevy Bolt EV Forum
We’re the Largest Chevy Bolt EV Online Community and Owner's Club. Join to discuss sport mode, reviews, battery range and charging!
Full Forum Listing