Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just purchased a Bolt LT with the driver confidence package (sensors) and the comfort & convenience package.

The question I have regarding the confidence package is about the parking sensors. When I back up, I see on the monitor just the typical cam but I don't hear any audible noises when I am close to anything. My previous cars beeped when I was approaching something. Are the parking sensors supposed to beep or do anything?

My other question is with the blind spot protection on the side mirrors. It does light up orange when there is something there but when I signal and someone is in my blind spot, I don't hear any audio clues either. Other vehicles beep when your turn signal is on and someone is in your blind spot.

Just curious if the Bolt doesn't do any audio ques or if something is wrong.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Congratulations! Sorry, I don't remember any audibles. Visual cues for sure. I had the car beep at me once for getting too close to someone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations! Sorry, I don't remember any audibles. Visual cues for sure. I had the car beep at me once for getting too close to someone.
So what are the parking sensors for then? The the back-up camera shows a great view of how close I am, but are the sensors supposed to do something additional?

·
Registered
979 Posts
On the 10-inch screen. Go: Settings + Vehicle + Comfort & Convenience + Chime Volume. Does that Chime Volume control the back-up beeping volume ?

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV / 2014 Spark EV / 2020 Tesla Model Y
135 Posts
In reverse, the beeps comes only when things are really close - like less than a foot.

I haven't been that close to anything in a passing lane, but I suspect if it can beep at all, the same closeness principal will apply...

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Mine beeps every time I back out of the garage since the doorframe (garage) is so close on the driver’s side. I get both visual and audible warnings.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
The question I have regarding the confidence package is about the parking sensors. When I back up, I see on the monitor just the typical cam but I don't hear any audible noises when I am close to anything.
On my Bolt if you're backing up and getting within a few feet of something then you get the "exclamation point in a triangle" icon flashing on the camera view and at the same time you get a "beep-beep-beep" coming out of the speakers.

My other question is with the blind spot protection on the side mirrors. It does light up orange when there is something there but when I signal and someone is in my blind spot, I don't hear any audio clues either.
No, there are no audio cues for blind spot detection, it's just the lights on the mirrors. I agree that if you're signalling a lane change while those lights are on then there should be an audible warning.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just checked the settings. When I go to the confidence package settings with the rear back up sensor, it only has options for guidelines and warning symbols. Nothing for audio cues. Going to take it in to the dealer to see if they can find out why.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I agree that the Bolt seems to give less audio cues than the Volt. I miss the lane departure beep and a backup beep that comes on sooner.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Just checked the settings. When I go to the confidence package settings with the rear back up sensor, it only has options for guidelines and warning symbols. Nothing for audio cues. Going to take it in to the dealer to see if they can find out why.
I think there's no audio cue option for the backup camera because it's always on and can't be turned off. I get beeps when I get too close to something, but you have to get very close. Have you gotten close enough to trigger the cues? Before going to the dealer I'd back up to within about 6 inches of a wall - if it doesn't come on by then you'll know you have a problem.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think there's no audio cue option for the backup camera because it's always on and can't be turned off. I get beeps when I get too close to something, but you have to get very close. Have you gotten close enough to trigger the cues? Before going to the dealer I'd back up to within about 6 inches of a wall - if it doesn't come on by then you'll know you have a problem.
6 inches? If someone was walking behind me as I pull out of a parking spot, I would get a warning in my Volt when they were 8-10ft away. It would also warn of cars coming down the row with an arrow pointing in the direction from which the car was coming.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I own a Prius Prime as well as the GF owning a Chevy Bolt. The Prime will beep at ya within a few feet of something and will get even quicker beeps if you get to close before it'll automatically stop. Imagine a Drive Up window at a fast food place, get too close and the thing is beeping. Basically it has sensors all around the car. I find myself using the front camera more to tell how close I am upfront on the Bolt. Haven't heard a beep yet.

As for the Lane Departure Alert and steering assist on the Prime, it can be a pain in the rear if you are aggressive in the curves. Nice thing about it you can turn it off! It beeps too much sometimes, but you can feel the steering wheel move to correct. The Bolt just has the light on the dash that changes color as far as I can tell. I guess I'll have to play with it some more.

Blind Spot Mirrors have no audio cues on the Prime. Just the light and it flashes when you turn on your blinker to let you know something is there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Black Bolt LT with the same package and yes, you're suppose to hear audible noises when backing up and an object is near. With the blind spot protection on the side mirrors, you should hear an audible noise too. You might want to get your Bolt checked out!:(

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
6 inches? If someone was walking behind me as I pull out of a parking spot, I would get a warning in my Volt when they were 8-10ft away.
I'm not saying that it's not supposed to come on until you're only 6 inches away - I'm saying that if it hasn't come on by the time you get to 6 inches then you know for sure you've got a problem.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts