Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Bolt a few days ago. So far, I just love it. It's my first electric car, and it does take some getting used to. I'm getting a charger installed at home (and some more solar panels) within a couple of weeks, so I'm charging it at work for now.

I was very fortunate to get it, esp. in Arctic Blue. A local dealer was leading me on for a week until he finally admitted he couldn't get me a Bolt this month, so I called another nearby dealer who just happened to have my car in stock. Four hours later, I drove home in my new Bolt.

I ordered the rear deck liner and floor mats from WeatherTech, as they don't have a rug lining and are much less expensive than the Chevy offerings.

Any words of wisdom? Any other stuff worth getting for it?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! It definitely takes some getting used to driving an EV, but the habit comes fast. Main recommendation is to get yourself used to L driving and never use D again. Other than that, enjoy the EV zippiness and practicality of the car.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Proud proprietor's pix, please :)

I have very crude trunk lining; it's made from a large sheet of weatherproof floor mat.

·
Registered
31 Posts
A few Peeps from the forum added extra seat cushion to help with the bad front seat. Besides that Congrats on your Bolt EV and Enjoy.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always drive in 'L'. It's so much easier to drive with one pedal (esp. in heavy traffic), and it maximizes regenerative braking.

The seat feels fine to me. Yes, the vehicle has a 'sport' suspension, so the ride is stiff. This is part of what makes it handle so well.

I am surprised by the headroom too: I'm 6' 1" tall, and there is at least three inches between my head and the roof liner.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! It definitely takes some getting used to driving an EV, but the habit comes fast. Main recommendation is to get yourself used to L driving and never use D again. Other than that, enjoy the EV zippiness and practicality of the car.
I always drive in 'L'. It's so much easier to drive with one pedal (esp. in heavy traffic), and it maximizes regenerative braking.

The seat feels fine to me. Yes, the vehicle has a 'sport' suspension, so the ride is stiff. This is part of what makes it handle so well.

I am surprised by the headroom too: I'm 6' 1" tall, and there is at least three inches between my head and the roof liner.
Careful with L. Just be aware when you come to a complete stop in L, your brake lights are not lit. They only light-up when decelerating (I forget how many "G"s before they light-up) but once you're stopped, they turn off until you put your foot on the brake. You can verify yourself at night on a quiet residential road by observing the red brake lights reflecting off your rear-window wiper while in L.

Also, I'm not sure if L holds the brakes and I think in some rear-crashes, if you cause another wreck in front of you due to now pressing the brakes, I think that means you're at fault. I'm not 100% sure, but it just seems like the typical excuse an insurance company would use to assign you fault and jack up the payments.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Congratulations on your new Bolt! Only words of wisdom are drive it and enjoy it. I have more fun driving this car than any car I have owned since the late 80's
I hope that you enjoy your Bolt as much as most everyone else here on the forum...

P.S. and be careful, as Dan Neil said in his review "every Bolt should come with a traffic attorney on retainer" ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts