Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I just got the call from GM offering me the chance at a trade for one of the Bolt/EUV's built before production was shut down again. I told the rep I would like to pursue it to see what the offer is. Right now she is contacting a local dealer to see if they are willing to host it and will get back to me. I will update when I hear back and/or start working with the dealer.

Interestingly it wasn't a rep from the Repurchase team though. Others who have gotten this offer, was your call from the repurchase team or just a GM Rep like me? I mean the rep didn't even know how to say Bolt, she kept saying "Bult" and she didn't have an accent.

Far as my current Bolt, for those curious. It is a 2017 Premier with all the options. ~56,000 miles when I started the buyback case and I am in Virginia. So I expect i'll have to bring some cash to the new one but I am just waiting to see what the offer is.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you are curious as well, I would want to swap for at minimum the Bolt 2LT, it has everything I would want except the rear view mirror camera (which I absolutely love but it wouldn't be a deal breaker). I would love to go up into an EUV but given the usage deduction I expect to be taken out it would probably require more money than I want to spend. Who knows though, just have to see what they offer.

·
Registered
2022 EUV Premier, former 2020 EV Premier
199 Posts
We have a 2020 Bolt Premier, and got this call last week as well. I'm going to my dealer tomorrow at 1PM EST to look through the available vehicles.

Like you, it wasn't my repurchase coordinator but someone else. I haven't even talked to my repurchase coordinator and don't know who it is. I do have my repurchase queue 6 digit case number though.

We requested our buyback the day after the general recall and have been through numerous steps in the interim. We're considering moving to a Bolt EUV but based on options available might choose not to and stick to the repurchase buyout. I was told we can wait for the $ and choose at that time, even if we've picked a vehicle tomorrow. Some others who have gone this route have said the selection is limited in options and that's my main concern.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have a 2020 Bolt Premier, and got this call last week as well. I'm going to my dealer tomorrow at 1PM EST to look through the available vehicles.

Like you, it wasn't my repurchase coordinator but someone else. I haven't even talked to my repurchase coordinator and don't know who it is. I do have my repurchase queue 6 digit case number though.

We requested our buyback the day after the general recall and have been through numerous steps in the interim. We're considering moving to a Bolt EUV but based on options available might choose not to and stick to the repurchase buyout. I was told we can wait for the $ and choose at that time, even if we've picked a vehicle tomorrow. Some others who have gone this route have said the selection is limited in options and that's my main concern.
I requested my buyback in early August of 2021. I have only talked to someone from the repurchase team once, I have a case number as well. I expect the selection is limited, not really surprised by that. They only made something like ~2,300 Bolts/EUVs (no idea of how many of each) and from what I understand they are being split across regions so we only see the ones available in our region. I'm not super picky about it so not real concerned, as long as there is a Bolt 2LT i'll be good, color doesn't bother me much. If I were to go EUV I would want the Premier, I would like the sun & sound package on it but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if it didn't have it. I don't expect i'll go EUV though as with its higher price and the usage deduction I expect I would have to pitch in a significant chunk of money, probably at least 10,000.

Who knows though, the rep couldn't really tell me how the offer works, if I just get the car outright as a swap or if they still calculate the value of the new versus old and have you pay the difference. I expect it is second one, but i'll find out I guess.

Let me know if your dealer gives you any details on how that part of it works.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is very interesting, I have a 2017 premier and would welcome a chance for a 2022 if the price was right.
If you already have a buyback request in just call/message them and tell them you want to be considered for this option. That was all I did, though it takes time, those teams are really slow and/or overworked.

·
Registered
2021 Kinetic Blue Bolt LT
430 Posts
If you are curious as well, I would want to swap for at minimum the Bolt 2LT, it has everything I would want except the rear view mirror camera (which I absolutely love but it wouldn't be a deal breaker). I would love to go up into an EUV but given the usage deduction I expect to be taken out it would probably require more money than I want to spend. Who knows though, just have to see what they offer.
I would want to push back on any usage deduction. With multiple recalls now and multiple advisories to limit charging and parking and software patches that limit range, I would say I want to be made whole on any swap because the limits that GM has suggested or imposed severely curtail what I paid hard-earned money for.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would want to push back on any usage deduction. With multiple recalls now and multiple advisories to limit charging and parking and software patches that limit range, I would say I want to be made whole on any swap because the limits that GM has suggested or imposed severely curtail what I paid hard-earned money for.
Oh I am certainly going to try for that but there isn't anything I can do to force them to do that. Though I guess I could offer to sign away any rights to sue in the future over it, maybe that could entice them. I dunno, never really dealt with anything like this.

·
Registered
2022 EUV Premier, former 2020 EV Premier
199 Posts
My understanding is that they still do the repurchase calculation and then you buy the new vehicle. In my case I might actually not pay anything to go from 2020 Bolt Premier to 2022 Bolt EUV Premier since the MSRP was reduced.

I won’t know the numbers tomorrow, this comes later once the repurchase dept has done the calcs.

·
Registered
295 Posts
So I just got the call from GM offering me the chance at a trade for one of the Bolt/EUV's built before production was shut down again. I told the rep I would like to pursue it to see what the offer is. Right now she is contacting a local dealer to see if they are willing to host it and will get back to me. I will update when I hear back and/or start working with the dealer.

Interestingly it wasn't a rep from the Repurchase team though. Others who have gotten this offer, was your call from the repurchase team or just a GM Rep like me? I mean the rep didn't even know how to say Bolt, she kept saying "Bult" and she didn't have an accent.

Far as my current Bolt, for those curious. It is a 2017 Premier with all the options. ~56,000 miles when I started the buyback case and I am in Virginia. So I expect i'll have to bring some cash to the new one but I am just waiting to see what the offer is.
Until they offer AWD, I'll stick with my '19 Premier, which has been flawless except for the brake clicking episode, cured easily. and has tremendous battery capacity, maybe an experimental unit.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Oh I am certainly going to try for that but there isn't anything I can do to force them to do that. Though I guess I could offer to sign away any rights to sue in the future over it, maybe that could entice them. I dunno, never really dealt with anything like this.
You will absolutely be signing a forfeiture of rights statement. I didn’t keep the copy or I would show it.

I think it’s a timing issue for swapping to a ‘22. I waited until 12/05 to make the Consierge call, trying to time it to come up with the resumption of the Orion plant assembly line.

I would prefer to end up with a car that was never stigmatized by a “recall of this nature”, but it is whack-a-mole which comes first: the VIN opens to “remedy available”, or the swap happens. I have to admit I like the sound of a brand new EUV instead of a new battery, specially since my wife hates the seats in the ‘20 just as much as the ‘17.

Personally I think they will still be on the too narrow side, but I have yet to sit in an EUV.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You will absolutely be signing a forfeiture of rights statement. I didn’t keep the copy or I would show it.

I think it’s a timing issue for swapping to a ‘22. I waited until 12/05 to make the Consierge call, trying to time it to come up with the resumption of the Orion plant assembly line.

I would prefer to end up with a car that was never stigmatized by a “recall of this nature”, but it is whack-a-mole which comes first: the VIN opens to “remedy available”, or the swap happens. I have to admit I like the sound of a brand new EUV instead of a new battery, specially since my wife hates the seats in the ‘20 just as much as the ‘17.

Personally I think they will still be on the too narrow side, but I have yet to sit in an EUV.

Makes sense.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I think these offers are from Chevrolet directly, definitely not from Repurchase. I believe they state there is a usage deduction so that's a big negative if there is one compared to some other folks who had msrp swaps without any deduction. It probably depends on your state and the number of demands for these requests.

If there is no usage deduction, it's a no brainer IMO to do a swap if you want to keep the car as you get a 2022 model which is worth more than older models to begin with.

Good luck. I'm still going pure buyback and heard nothing for a while now. Maybe it's the holiday break.

·
Registered
2022 EV 2LT Black
2,193 Posts
I'm still going pure buyback and heard nothing for a while now
If you just want out of the car and you already have something else to use this is a great option. My buyback offer gave me 100% of what I paid GM for the car. That however was not adequate to replace what I have so I changed to a MSRP swap. A local dealer placed my order and I am now waiting for a vehicle. OP is lucky they got a call that a vehicle is ready for them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a repurchase offer in progress and I just got this call as well. It was from an EV Concierge, not the repurchase rep.

Between vague language and a bad connection, it was very hard to understand what the EV Concierge was telling me (as an aside, everytime I get a call or message from them the call quality is horrible-- they must have really bad VoIP phone service), but it sounded like she said that the swap was something I could pursue now or after my repurchase if the offer was not to my liking, and that the swap would entail me paying the difference between my car's value and that of the EUV (however that's calculated). I was told such a swap would be done by the repurchase team, so I think I'll follow up with my repurchase rep to try to clarify some of the details.

Moving up to an EUV from my 2020 Premier isn't the worst possible outcome to this mess if the cost differential was minimal enough, but the 50kW fast charging is a borderline dealkiller for me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you just want out of the car and you already have something else to use this is a great option. My buyback offer gave me 100% of what I paid GM for the car. That however was not adequate to replace what I have so I changed to a MSRP swap. A local dealer placed my order and I am now waiting for a vehicle. OP is lucky they got a call that a vehicle is ready for them.
Edit: Okibolt

How much off of the sticker did they price the 2022 at?

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
4,368 Posts

Just don't make any payments in gift cards! ;)

1 - 20 of 332 Posts