Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Just Picked up a '20 Bolt Premier - 4th EV

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  orlando 
#1 ·
Our lease on a 2017 Fiat 500e runs out next week, so we went on a hunt for a new EV. We mainly wanted a city-driving car (and parking in San Francisco), so we would have been okay with another 500e or the e-Golf, but there were no great lease deals. We've been eyeing the Bolt since it came out, since we considered something for longer distances. Following the LeaseHackr forums, we learned about the great lease deals on the 2020 Bolts, so after a bit of tracking and looking around, we finally got one that we felt was a solid deal.

2020 Bolt Premier - Slate Grey w/ DCFC, Infotainment, Confidence packages
  • $10,600 one-pay lease, 12K miles, 36 months
  • registered in Central CA, so we expect to get back $2000 CVRP, $3000 San Joaquin Valley, $800 PGE ==> $4,800 total lease cost

Other EVs:
  • 2013 Fiat 500e (returned in 2017)
  • 2017 Fiat 500e (returning this week)
  • Tesla Model 3 (LR)

Looking forward to learning from this community.

Cheers!

See less See more
#5 ·
The Bolt seems to be a solid car, especially at the great price point.

I'll say off the bat, I don't think the Bolt will be able to compare on the integrated technology with the Model 3 (phone as a key, seamless Google Maps integration, semi-auto driving, etc) and the really great OTA software updates. I'll keep this in mind and probably focus more on driving experience and driving efficiency.

My wife will be the main driver of the Bolt on the weekdays, and I'm sure she'll compare the Bolt to the Fiat for a while... :)

#10 ·
Agreed. I sometimes dislike the looks, comments, and attention when driving the Tesla. It's a great car, but my previously most-expensive car I ever purchased was a 2005 Saab 9-2x (ie WRX Impreza) for $19K+TTL, so for me the Tesla is about the great technology and driving experience rather than the status symbol. Actually, what's great about the Model 3 is that it doesn't have too many badges, so it's quite hard to tell if you have a $35K or a $75K Tesla Model 3.

Very smart, I would not own 2 Tesla as sometimes you need a non-flashy car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.