Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Congrats and sorry for the longest two weeks in your life waiting for that truck to arrive ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Congratulations. What color and trim level did you end up going with?
A premier model in that deep electric blue. There was another dealership here in east Tennessee that had acquired a Bolt in the same color, same trim and I looked at it seriously. But that car was missing a couple of the option groups not standard in the premier package and most of all, since a dealer had acquired a car from another (Maryland) dealer, the car was being sold for MSRP. California has a surplus of vehicles right now and you can get the car for $3K off list right now. Subtract the shipping fee and I still made out better than the other car.

This vehicle is for my wife (I drive a Cadillac CTS V-sport). It is her first electric vehicle and I imagine her outgoing Mini Countryman is her last ICE car. Even better is that her place of work has free charging stations. She may not need to charge at home much at all (but we are going to get an EVSE installed anyway).

Buying an electric vehicle was a long process. My wife who is an environmental sustainability PhD has wanted one for years. And we live in the land of the Nissan Leaf (Nashville). But my extra-tall size makes my ability to drive a Leaf impossible and friends who have owned them have criticized them for range anxiety, especially in the winter. Kudos to Chevrolet for bringing a Leaf to the Nashville Auto Show last November...it allowed us to have the entire family of four sit in it. And I test drove the vehicle during a family visit to L.A. back in February.

And while we make good money, it's not Tesla income. We still have a deposit down for a Tesla Model 3, although I doubt our number will come up on that until this time next year at the earliest considering where we're located in the U.S.

And yes, now the waiting game begins. I'm told that it will take probably until early next week to get a truck and get the car loaded. The only good thing is that it's literally a straight shot from Los Angeles to Nashville on I-40. So hopefully it won't be two whole weeks from the load. But I think it will be a long wait.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Hopefully your Bolt will be shipped once it has been loaded onto a truck, unless the dealership is shipping a few more while they're at it and decide to load a few more. That would require stopping a few times along the way.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hopefully your Bolt will be shipped once it has been loaded onto a truck, unless the dealership is shipping a few more while they're at it and decide to load a few more. That would require stopping a few times along the way.
I'm told the car will hit the truck today or tomorrow. ETA will be Friday or Saturday. EVSE (Juicebox Pro 40) gets installed tomorrow in the garage.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh dear, I hope not!
OK, poor choice of words. :)

The Bolt is on the truck but still in the L.A. area as the driver apparently made rounds to pick up other vehicles. He's parked at an large auto broker overnight...should hopefully be hitting the open road in the morning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lucked out

I was so very fortunate to be in the right place at the right time knowing the right salesperson. I walked into a Chey dealer asked him how long to get a Bolt
he tells me 3 to 5 months. I was not pleased. I left and within an hour a delivery came and had an unexpected Bolt on the truck. It was the exact configuration my
wife wanted the premier red all options installed. The salesman grabbed it and hid it on the lot for me. Bought it an hour later. It really is a sweet machine so fun to drive.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
A premier model in that deep electric blue. There was another dealership here in east Tennessee that had acquired a Bolt in the same color, same trim and I looked at it seriously. But that car was missing a couple of the option groups not standard in the premier package and most of all, since a dealer had acquired a car from another (Maryland) dealer, the car was being sold for MSRP. California has a surplus of vehicles right now and you can get the car for $3K off list right now. Subtract the shipping fee and I still made out better than the other car.

This vehicle is for my wife (I drive a Cadillac CTS V-sport). It is her first electric vehicle and I imagine her outgoing Mini Countryman is her last ICE car. Even better is that her place of work has free charging stations. She may not need to charge at home much at all (but we are going to get an EVSE installed anyway).
Heard the twin-turbo 6 in the V-Sport really isn't that far off from the V8 and I actually do prefer the exterior styling of it. Front fascia looks much sleeker.

Nonetheless, it'll be great to have both an EV and an ICE like that in the stable. Best of both worlds ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heard the twin-turbo 6 in the V-Sport really isn't that far off from the V8 and I actually do prefer the exterior styling of it. Front fascia looks much sleeker.

Nonetheless, it'll be great to have both an EV and an ICE like that in the stable. Best of both worlds ;)
As a 420 HP vehicle, the CTS V-Sport is the most powerful and most fun vehicle I've ever owned. It's deceptively fast. After only owning it for 3 days, i was heading into town late for a meeting, got on the interstate, looked down and found I was already doing 100 MPH....and I thought I was maybe doing 75-80. And he handling is awesome. At some point in the last 5 years, Cadillac figured out how to out-BMW in the handling department, which is ridiculous. If they can just make some interior upgrades, than look out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Bolt as delivered off the truck last night. The car looks fine although it's very dirty....2000 miles going through the California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas deserts will do that, not to mention some rain along the way. I'll give it a proper hand wash this morning along with a hand polish and wax. My wife just took it to go get some coffee and she is thrilled. :D

As for me, I finally get my Cadillac back after a few months of driving my wife's outgoing Mini Countryman (she has a longer commute and the Mini is still up for sale).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After a full day of wash, polish and wax, the electric blue Bolt (which my daughter has nicknamed "Blueberry") is pretty as a picture and ready for daily use. It should be a lot of fun for my wife's morning commute tomorrow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Bolt as delivered off the truck last night. The car looks fine although it's very dirty....2000 miles going through the California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas deserts will do that, not to mention some rain along the way. I'll give it a proper hand wash this morning along with a hand polish and wax. My wife just took it to go get some coffee and she is thrilled. :D

As for me, I finally get my Cadillac back after a few months of driving my wife's outgoing Mini Countryman (she has a longer commute and the Mini is still up for sale).
I was in Nashville yesterday for the Goodguys 12th Nashville Nationals. I wanted to go today (for the newer stuff and hopefully some EV's) but the threat of all-day thunderstorms changed our schedule (although we got thoroughly soaked getting out of there). Wish I could lay eyes on one. It'll be July before they're even available for order here.

Would love to see pics after you got it detailed! They never get old.

Joe

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was in Nashville yesterday for the Goodguys 12th Nashville Nationals. I wanted to go today (for the newer stuff and hopefully some EV's) but the threat of all-day thunderstorms changed our schedule (although we got thoroughly soaked getting out of there). Wish I could lay eyes on one. It'll be July before they're even available for order here.

Would love to see pics after you got it detailed! They never get old.

Joe
I hope you had a good time in our great city. As for pictures, well....

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts