Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KBB posted a video review on the Chevy Bolt... oddly enough, I thought this would have came out a lot earlier. Nonetheless, they pretty much show us why we're smart for going with the Bolt lol

Seats do come into play though.. but more-so for the headrest position

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Someone's reply in the video does make me think a bit;
Car reviewers are way too hung up on hard plastic. Normal people don't rub their dashboards all the time.
I mean, soft plastics are great, but I don't really touch my dash all that often either unless I'm giving it a good wipe.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's definitely understandable but it also looks pretty different as well. Looks very cheap.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think it's a pretty fair review. I love my Bolt- best car I've had in over half a century of car ownership- but it ain't perfect or inexpensive. i wish he had emphasized the ease of using L mode and one pedal driving which I find to be a major convenience. And, as many of us owners have found, L helps to regularly exceed the EPA estimates of range by 10% or more!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You would think the L mode would be one of the biggest things to comment on. Either way, majority of us on here know that the Bolt is a great vehicle and when lurkers look around they generally get that idea... other than the seat thing...

·
Registered
181 Posts
You would think the L mode would be one of the biggest things to comment on. Either way, majority of us on here know that the Bolt is a great vehicle and when lurkers look around they generally get that idea... other than the seat thing...
L mode is why I bought the car. I have been waiting for that since the first time I drove my Honda EVPlus back in 1997. It only took 20 years for a manufacturer to implement.

Now I'm waiting for the speed pedal. Sort of like a variable cruise control. As long as my foot is at a certain position, the car will maintain that speed, uphill, down hill, and on level ground. Lift my foot from the speed pedal, the car slows. Press a little further down and it accelerates to the new speed setting and stays there as long as I keep the pedal in the same position. Adaptive cruise control might be a reasonable substitute.

I'm also convinced I got a different seat than everybody else. I love it!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Now I'm waiting for the speed pedal. Sort of like a variable cruise control. As long as my foot is at a certain position, the car will maintain that speed, uphill, down hill, and on level ground.
Do you have any reason to believe this will arrive during your lifetime?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Now I'm waiting for the speed pedal. Sort of like a variable cruise control. As long as my foot is at a certain position, the car will maintain that speed, uphill, down hill, and on level ground.
Do you have any reason to believe this will arrive during your lifetime?
Maybe about the same as I did 20 years ago about being able to bring the car to complete stop without using the brake pedal. I get the same response from people when I mention this today. So no, I don't have reason to believe it will happen in my lifetime.

People tend to drive with their foot at a constant position on the accelerator pedal now. They slow down when going up a slight grade and speed up when going down a grade. When they realize they are going too slow or too fast they adjust. I doubt many people would even notice the different driving experience.

In places like the Sunol grade on the northeast edge of Silicon Valley, people change speed by as much as ten miles per hour going from level to up, and then again when they go over the top and start back down.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
People tend to drive with their foot at a constant position on the accelerator pedal now. They slow down when going up a slight grade and speed up when going down a grade.
I don't hold my foot in exactly the same position, but I do tend to slow down slightly going uphill and speed up slightly going downhill - especially when the downhills and uphills are close together. That's because I get better gas mileage if I use the momentum from going downhill to help me coast up the following hill, and vice versa.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts