Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
In the "Getting To Know" guide for my 2017 Bolt, it states on pg 4 how to Remote Start with the Remote Keyless Entry FOB (RKE FOB).

First tier support from Chevy are clueless about the Bolt and Volt. Remote start via RKE FOB is done the same on both the 2017 Volt and Bolt.
Chevy is clueless about a lot of things IMHO! Between that and the incompetence at OnStar I know why I always bought European or Japanese vehicles. Plus the fact that the buying experience is horrendous. 7 hours at the dealership to purchase a vehicle that I had researched the snot out of, knew what I wanted and was ok with the asking price! Not regretting the vehicle, it's been great so far, but kind of wishing it was wearing an 'H' or VW badge.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Bolt Premier
15 Posts
For the keyfob, make sure you press lock first then hold down the remote start button for 3 seconds.
Also, if you have Keypass enabled in the app, you should be able to unlock, precondition, etc.. when in Bluetooth range.

To remote start the vehicle:
1. Press and release Q on the RKE transmitter.
2. Immediately press and hold / for at least four seconds or until the turn signal lamps flash.
3. After entering the vehicle during a remote start, press POWER O with the brake pedal applied to start the vehicle and operate as normal.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts