Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
5,483 Posts
You just confirmed the fact that you are a fallible human like the rest of us. It's a mighty big club. :D

Thank You, and congratulations on the cheap fix.
“I don’t want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of its members.”

Applies to me, here, but is originally attributed to Groucho Marx.

· Registered
2017 Bolt EV
9,977 Posts
So I don't mean to offend, but there have been 2 other posters with key fob problems who later realized they inserted the battery the wrong way. It may be worth double checking the battery orientation.
I had a problem with coin batteries once and discovered I had used a 2016 cell instead of a 2032 cell. I have equipment that uses both types, and had grabbed the wrong type from my drawer of spares.

I started getting "Remote not detected" messages so I swapped out the key fob battery for a new, name-brand one - but it didn't fix the problem. I tried a spare fob, which worked fine, so I knew the issue wasn't with the car. I opened the problem fob, bent the little metal tabs inward a bit so that they'd apply a bit more pressure to the battery, and that solved the problem. Then I put the original battery back in and it's been working fine.

Now I'm suspecting that the spring contacts have always been a bit marginal and this is why I've never seen the "Low Battery" warning. In the past I've always just replaced the battery when I've gotten repeated "Remote Not Detected" messages.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts