Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Key fob died

3K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  Sean Nelson 
#1 ·
I searched on this and found a relevant thread, but it was three years old and didn't solve my problem, so here goes.

'22 Bolt EV 19 months old and 27,500 miles.

My key fob (the one usually used) stopped working today. Won't do anything and car says "Remote not detected". My wife's key fob (which spends most of it's life in her dresser drawer and hasn't actually been used before today) works fine.

I changed the battery, and checked the contacts to make sure they're clean and in good shape. New battery tests 3.26 volts. Still not working. My cell phone is in my shirt pocket and the fob is either in my pants pocket or in my hand.

I put the fob in the "dead fob spot" in the center console and the car starts.

All this is happening in my garage where there should be no RFI.

Anybody had this happen? The only thing I can think of doing now is take it to the dealer.

#2 ·
Anybody had this happen? The only thing I can think of doing now is take it to the dealer.
That's probably the best thing to do. Make sure you let them know you already tried to replace the battery. If it's under warranty, and as long as you have a spare, make it their problem. Be prepared for the dealership to accuse you of abusing the fob in order to avoid a warranty replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.