Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Didn't work for my S9 :(

I get the qr code but the camera never comes up with my phone (I've even manually enabled permissions).

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yup. Tried it with airplane mode, wifi, and normal settings. When I plug it in AA comes up behind the qr code but then it sends my phone back to the start setup screen.

I got a new screen though... Once I cancel the qr it asked me to setup remote device access. After that it shows up in that menu but not keypass.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm even wondering if the 2020 supports Keypass - it's listed as a feature on the ordering pages, but is described as solely to enable car-sharing via Maven... Is there supposed to be anything in the car's UI about KeyPass, or solely phone-side? If so, where?

There's almost nothing about KeyPass in the owners' manual. KeyPass is listed as "Standard" on all trim levels of the Bolt on chevrolet.com, but the Owners' Manual lists it as "If Equipped", and it appears to be nowhere in the Settings menus...
I have a perfect test for your theory. I just got a 2020 and still have a month left on my 2017 lease. Keypass showed up in the app options when I have the 2017 selected in the app; however, it disappeared in the app when I select the 2020. Looks like it's not an option on the 2020, which is upsetting because I wanted to use KeyPass now that they're not giving Remote FOB access for free after the initial trial. Perhaps they removed it to try and get more people to pay extra for the Remote FOB option through OnStar.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a perfect test for your theory. I just got a 2020 and still have a month left on my 2017 lease. Keypass showed up in the app options when I have the 2017 selected in the app; however, it disappeared in the app when I select the 2020. Looks like it's not an option on the 2020, which is upsetting because I wanted to use KeyPass now that they're not giving Remote FOB access for free after the initial trial. Perhaps they removed it to try and get more people to pay extra for the Remote FOB option through OnStar.
Oh, 2017s had remote access that continued beyond the initial 5 years?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Before they took it away, I had it and it worked though for me I didn't really have a need for it. However, after it is 'back' I can't get mine paired so I just gave up. It shouldn't be 'that' hard.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh, 2017s had remote access that continued beyond the initial 5 years?
The initial trial period is for On Star and Wi-Fi. I canceled both at the end of their trial. But, the Key Fob remote access is part of the EV Connect software that is enabled for 5 years. Some agents will remove it when canceling the On-Star, so you must make sure they keep the EV Connect on your account.

We have a 2020 and have no sign of the KeyPass anywhere in the menu or in the app. As unreliable as it sounds, I guess it is no big loss.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts