Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt EV Premium - Metallic Grey
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, wise people.
My ChevyApp basically after 24 hours will lose/forget the keepass setup.

what I mean is.... I setup keepass... then use a few remote commands and then the next day it is asking me to setup keepass again.

In the Bolt settings I can see my phone as one of the registered keepass devices but the myChevy app consistently asks me to re-setup keepass. It just started happening recently...no phone updates or anything.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

tried reinstalling the app. Tried deleting the cache from the app. Tried all sorts of stuff...

·
Registered
2021 Nightfall Gray Metallic Bolt Premier
395 Posts
Are you out of bluetooth range when you're looking at the app? I have to be within about 15 feet before the app actually connects to the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Are you out of bluetooth range when you're looking at the app? I have to be within about 15 feet before the app actually connects to the car.
MyChevrolet App is supposed to be able to control the car from far away. It uses the internet to communicate with the car does why you are require to have a onstar subscription. I am having similar problem, every time I open the app; I have to acknowledge the service agreements. I have not been able to get the app to remember.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
and then the next day it is asking me to setup keepass again.
I've noticed my car keeps popping up a message when starting the car that my Bluetooth needs to be paired with a code. Then the pairing seems to happen without doing anything. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of keypass if it can't keep the pairing.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've never used KeyPass before, but now you've got me curious. I just went out and set it up in my 2019 Bolt. Will write back in a couple of days...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've noticed my car keeps popping up a message when starting the car that my Bluetooth needs to be paired with a code. Then the pairing seems to happen without doing anything. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of keypass if it can't keep the pairing.
Are you plugging your phone to the car with a USB cord? If you look at the settings screen, you can connect your phone in 2 ways. By bluetooth or by using one of the USB plugs in the middle. If you always connect your phone to the usb plug to charge it, then it is communicating.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No. In fact, my phone says I am connected to "Keepass" on Bluetooth. But the app doesn't seem to think I am.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been having the same problem, makes the app useless because every 24 hours it wants me to run KeyPass Setup again. This shouldn't have anything to with Apple Carplay which works fine. Also doesn't affect Bluetooth inside the car, but the MyChevy app can't be used to get current status, battery level and the remote commands don't work. I've had the car for about two months and it worked fine until a few weeks ago.

If anyone has a solution that would be great.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine is currently working but I do have to do the agreement every time I open the app. You can always press the onstar button and ask for help. My app was actually setup with the help of a onstar rep.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've been having the same problem, makes the app useless because every 24 hours it wants me to run KeyPass Setup again. This shouldn't have anything to with Apple Carplay which works fine. Also doesn't affect Bluetooth inside the car, but the MyChevy app can't be used to get current status, battery level and the remote commands don't work. I've had the car for about two months and it worked fine until a few weeks ago.

If anyone has a solution that would be great.
Thank you so much Tom. I was thinking I was going crazy but it sounds like it started for you the same time as me. It worked fine up until a few weeks ago!!! I feel so relieved.

What kind of phone do you have? And what iOS software do you have?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you so much Tom. I was thinking I was going crazy but it sounds like it started for you the same time as me. It worked fine up until a few weeks ago!!! I feel so relieved.

What kind of phone do you have? And what iOS software do you have?
Just checked, I'm at iOS 14.3, realized there is an OS14.4 update, will see if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just checked, I'm at iOS 14.3, realized there is an OS14.4 update, will see if that makes any difference.
What kind of phone? I am on iPhone XS. Currently on iOS 14.2 but I also see the update is available to 14.4.

·
Registered
'19 Bolt Premier; '13 Leaf SV w/premium
1,096 Posts
My primary phone is an iPhone 8 now on iOS 14.4. I don't have the problems w/the agreement coming up all the time but I personally wouldn't waste time on this. The app is slow, buggy and not very good as it is.

I prefer not to spend time mucking with it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am using a Android, but yeah. For the $15 for the app and $15 for Onstar a month, it is not worth it. I am using it since I got 3 months for free. The apps to buggy and the planning travel map, is the only thing good it. But that is something I can plan and program on my google maps.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Are you plugging your phone to the car with a USB cord? If you look at the settings screen, you can connect your phone in 2 ways. By bluetooth or by using one of the USB plugs in the middle. If you always connect your phone to the usb plug to charge it, then it is communicating.
I have an android phone that stays with the car plugged into the USB. But android auto takes over the Bluetooth and always connects the Bluetooth when it's plugged in. This is the one thing I absolutely hate about AA. I really want my other phone to be on the Bluetooth. Three steps forward and two step back I guess.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same issue with my iPhone 12 Pro and 2017 Bolt. I setup Keypass successfully, then I open up the app a day or two later and the app asks if I still own the Bolt, then Keypass is not setup, even though I see my phone in the Keypass setup in the car settings.

This is very annoying since I fought tooth and nail to try to get the “EV Mobile Command” added to my used 2017 I got a couple months ago but Onstar keeps denying that this plan is still available.

·
Registered
717 Posts
“KeePass”

ROFL!!!!!!!

Reactions: wesley

·
Registered
13 Posts
What kind of phone? I am on iPhone XS. Currently on iOS 14.2 but I also see the update is available to 14.4.
Iphone 7, just updated to 14.4, deleted the app, cleared it from the Bolt, ran Setup, worked twice and then says I need to run setup again. Too bad, I liked being able to start precondition from inside the garage.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have an iPhone running iOS 14.4 the myChevrolet app is on version 4.4.0. I am also having the same problem. I have tried everything (reinstalling the app, restarting the phone, repairing, reseting the car infotainment, etc) and the app seems to forget the car and tells me to redo the keypass setup after a day or so. App has been a lot more buggy for me lately as well, I don't know if that is just my phone but it seems like other people are experiencing the same issues. Not a good sign when Chevy should be announcing 2 new Bolts in a week...If they can't make an app to do simple tasks with the car, uh oh

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have found a blog post on a different site that mentioned this happens when Chevy is having server issues. I guess because the app (Chevy servers) actually authenticate you... not the bluetooth for some reason.

maybe they are having server issues....
Maybe they want to screw us over if we don’t pay for onstar....
Maybe the app just sucks...

funny thing is the patch notes for the last MyChevy App update says
“Multiple bug fixes”
Hahahahahabhahahahababah.... no

1 - 20 of 27 Posts