Tried the following (Pixel 3, Android 9):
* Removed all Bluetooth phones from the car and the old KeyPass phone (which worked until it was upgraded to Android 9) from the car.
* Removed the car from the phone's Bluetooth configuration (the car was the only Bluetooth device in the phone).
* Tried to set up KeyPass.
* Sometimes it fails at "Searching for Vehicle".
* Sometimes it finds the vehicle and gets stuck at "Pairing with Vehicle", eventually failing.
* The above (sometimes fails on searching, sometimes on pairing) occurs whether or not the phone is in airplane mode (with Bluetooth turned back on, whether or not wifi is turned back on) and whether or not wifi is turned on in the car.
Is there a specific place to hold the phone to be closer to the Bluetooth antenna to get KeyPass to connect?