Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Bolt LT - Gunmetal Gray
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished putting a 15" Subwoofer in the back of my bolt. Lost maybe 2 inches of trunk depth in the process, but I'm pretty happy with the result. Photos attached to the thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Nice work! Love the creativity! I used to install my own stereo systems back in the 80’s, but no energy for that stuff anymore.

But let me ask you ... I assume there’s a speaker grill that snaps on that you just didn’t picture?

And does your Bolt travel much out-of-town (or on long drives) much because now you’ve got no spare tire ... just those self-seal tires (if you still have those)?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Awesome setup! At first I thought the picture of the center console / infotainment screen was added by mistake, until I saw what you did with one of the button blanks. Very nice and very clean way of adding what I'm assuming is the bass control knob. How did you manage to do that?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
A black Sharpie can probably clean up the appearance of the rough whitened edges of the plastic around the control knob.

Little-known fact: black Sharpies are terrific for hiding joints on granite countertops.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome setup! At first I thought the picture of the center console / infotainment screen was added by mistake, until I saw what you did with one of the button blanks. Very nice and very clean way of adding what I'm assuming is the bass control knob. How did you manage to do that?
Had to take out the factory head unit and clear out the space in the back. Then, just drill a hole through the factory blank plate.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bass control knob still working okay? any news on Your experimental DSP?
Bass knob is holding up. Still works and looks good. The DSP I currently have installed doubles as an amplifier. 60watts per speaker on factory speakers. It’s not much more power than the factory system, but the sound is much higher quality now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts