Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Not my car but just what I am ordering. This is under all the fancy lights at the autoshow in Toronto so the metallic really pops! Not bad for a iPhone photo.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I find it confusing to upload photos. Is there an explanation of the process somewhere on the site?
Not my car but just what I am ordering. This is under all the fancy lights at the autoshow in Toronto so the metallic really pops! Not bad for a iPhone photo.

If those two examples don't provide a good enough reason for seeing this color in person I don't know what is. Big differences going on here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If those two examples don't provide a good enough reason for seeing this color in person I don't know what is. Big differences going on here.
Second one has a crew of people keeping it polished throughout the day and 10,000 watts of lighting.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Definitely! The show lights make the paints look amazing but they will never look like that on the street. That Arctic Blue under the show lights was spectacular but I know that kind of colour will just come off as silver in natural light. Even the build and price pics don't really accurately represent the colours. I really didn't like the Kinetic Blue from what I saw on the B&P but then I saw that pic of Bill Nye in the car and I saw one in person and I really came to like the colour.

Here's the one I saw in person.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Definitely! The show lights make the paints look amazing but they will never look like that on the street. That Arctic Blue under the show lights was spectacular but I know that kind of colour will just come off as silver in natural light. Even the build and price pics don't really accurately represent the colours. I really didn't like the Kinetic Blue from what I saw on the B&P but then I saw that pic of Bill Nye in the car and I saw one in person and I really came to like the colour.

Here's the one I saw in person.

So how do you post the photo so that it shows up this way on the forum? When I do it, it appears as a thumbnail, which can be expanded to full size by clicking. I looked on the forum for help, but couldn't find the way. When I drag and drop, they appear as a thumbnail.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Are you using the mountains on yellow background picture icon to insert your url? I copy a url from photobucket, which I use for images I want to post online, and I use that picture icon to post them.

I don't directly drag and drop pics from my laptop because I don't usually sync my photos from my phone. I back them up to photobucket instead.

Just to be sure I'll try it. The big pic is using the picture icon and I'll drag and drop the same photo from my laptop... yup I get a thumbnail.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
@wainair Since this forum uses BB Code, I use the image code (see below) to insert image URL's.
Thanks, One more question. For a "url" photo, does it have to meet the same size and pixel restrictions that an uploaded one does? Maximum pixel width is ~1000?
I'm not sure to be honest with you. I think Photobucket optimizes image size for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
Thanks, One more question. For a "url" photo, does it have to meet the same size and pixel restrictions that an uploaded one does? Maximum pixel width is ~1000?
Don't worry, the forum software will fix it for you. If you notice, when you put your cursor over a photo that is imbedded, sometimes a little magnifying glass shows up. That's because the original photo linked is larger than what is considered good forum viewing. If you want to see the photo in the original size, just click on it.

There are two ways to imbed your own photos in a post.

1. Upload your photo to a photo sharing site, or your own website, or relly anywhere on the net that will take it. Then copy the URL displayed when you veiw it on the web. When making your post, click on the little postcard looking icon with the mountains and sun and then in the dialog box that pops up, paste the URL. It will automatically inbed your phot from where ever on the internet it is.
  2. The other way is to upload your phot here using the attachment function you have already used. After your post has posted, click on the thumbnail and view your own picture. Then copy the URL. Then edit your original post, use the image function (little postcard icon) and paste the URL just as discribed above. The result will be an imbedded picture as well as an attachment thumbnail.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
From my experience here, it doesn't, you just need to make sure its in a format that's recognized and accepted, and most of the popular ones work; .jpg .png and so on

But for the etiquette side of things, 1000 is the max I would go.

·
Registered
269 Posts
First time I laid eyes on my new LT in Kinetic Blue! Was a long wait wondering if I'd chosen the right color which was a tough call when all you've got to go on are a couple crappy internet photos! Thankfully that Blue looks great on the car, I think the color looks better on the Bolt than on the Volt or the Cruze. On some cars I don't mind the machined on painted black wheel look, but on the Bolt with all the chrome I prefer the look of the bright painted wheels as it really pops the chrome trim. For me it was either the Kinetic Blue or the Nightfall Grey, and while I think the grey would look super classy and really suite all the black and chrome trim, my last car was a similar grey for 14 years so I wanted a change ;-)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts