Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing that the chargepoint app says I used more energy to charge than the Bolt says I used since last full.

Today, the Bolt reported 21.2 kHw used since last charged to full. But, Chargepoint says they put 23.794 kHw into the car. That's a 12% difference!

Thoughts?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've been noticing that the chargepoint app says I used more energy to charge than the Bolt says I used since last full.

Today, the Bolt reported 21.2 kHw used since last charged to full. But, Chargepoint says they put 23.794 kHw into the car. That's a 12% difference!

Thoughts?
Yes, that is caused by the (in)efficiency of the charger. Actually, 12% is fairly typical for a charger of this capacity.

N.B. You pay for the power that runs through your utility company's meter, not just what the car uses from its battery. There may be some minor inefficiencies in the EVSE too, that it isn't reporting.

Ed

·
Registered
507 Posts

Thoughts?
Does that info come from a Charpoint station or a home Chargepoint charger? Just installed my level 2 Chargepoint charger, but didn't find a very
clear explanation of how the iPhone app works with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts