Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pretty much always drive in L mode and had a strange experience tonight. I started my Bolt with my foot on the brake pedal and shifted from Park to Drive then to Low. I was surprised when I lifted my foot off the brake pedal that I started creeping forward as if I was in Drive. I made sure both the shifter and display showed that I was in L.

I shifted back to Drive and then to Low again and it kept on creeping. I powered the car off and back on and then tried again, and it continued to creep forward when I lifted my foot off the brake. I tested driving in Low for a bit and when I lifted my foot off the accelerator pedal the car regeneratively brakes (as expected) and slows to a crawl but then keeps creeping forward instead of stopping.

It's acting like a mix of L and D. I restarted the car a couple times and couldn't get it to stop this behavior so I'll be contacting my dealer in the morning.

Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW - I was on an essentially flat road and the force of the forward motion was the same as when in Drive.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Anyone else experienced this?
Yes. If the driver's seat belt is unfastened, this is how L mode works. It is mentioned in the owner's manual.

I don't know why it is designed to do this. Maybe a subtle/dangerous reminder to buckle up? In any event, I found it a little creepy (so to speak) when I first experienced it and did not know it was normal.>:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. If the driver's seat belt is unfastened, this is how L mode works. It is mentioned in the owner's manual.

I don't know why it is designed to do this. Maybe a subtle/dangerous reminder to buckle up? In any event, I found it a little creepy (so to speak) when I first experienced it and did not know it was normal.>:)
Thanks for pointing this out phil0909! I had not noticed this in the manual but come to think of it I was initially just moving the car real quick so a friend could park in my drive way and I may not have buckled up. :eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I missed that in the manual

I was having it creep when I get home to my garage and it was driving me nuts as it did not happen elsewhere. I just drop my seatbelts as I drive onto driveway automatically so that explains it perfectly.

As a reasoning for the behavior, I think maybe a "car wash mode" where it slowly progresses. :)

Thanks Philip for saving me an embarrassing (user error) service report when I take my car in... :D

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have experienced a similar phenomenon on several occasions, but the creeping went away after rebooting my Bolt. Nothing short of rebooting fixed it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I hardly ever charge my car to 100%, but does this happen as well? When you charge to 100% you don't regen for awhile, so does this change how L mode works?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts