Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still can't figure out the symbols used on the lane assist system. Yes, I've read the manual numerous times... I guess I'm just a moron.

I think there are at least three types of symbol configurations that show up-

1. Green car in between two lines.
2. Green car in between two lines with another green car outside the lines
3. Green car in between two lines with amber car outside the lines.

Of course, there are many times when no symbol appears and the symbols change without the vehicle changing, road changing or other cars moving into or out of adjoining lanes.

I can't figure out what triggers these different symbols. BTW, the lane assist system works as designed in terms of both alerts of drifting and corrections when I've tested it- no problems there!

But I can't decipher the symbols.

Any help out there for this confused senior citizen?

:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I still can't figure out the symbols used on the lane assist system. Yes, I've read the manual numerous times... I guess I'm just a moron.

I think there are at least three types of symbol configurations that show up-

1. Green car in between two lines.
2. Green car in between two lines with another green car outside the lines
3. Green car in between two lines with amber car outside the lines.

Of course, there are many times when no symbol appears and the symbols change without the vehicle changing, road changing or other cars moving into or out of adjoining lanes.

I can't figure out what triggers these different symbols. BTW, the lane assist system works as designed in terms of both alerts of drifting and corrections when I've tested it- no problems there!

But I can't decipher the symbols.

Any help out there for this confused senior citizen?

:)
Think of them as two separate and distinct indicators. One is "Are you in your lane?" and the other is "Are you to close to the car in front of you?"

Green Car between the lines is - you are in your lane and the car is happy. Orange car between the lines means you are drifting out our your lane or changing lanes w/o signaling. The absence of any car between the lines means the car can not determine the lane or you have turned it off.

Green car by itself - Distance to the car in front of you. If the car can detect another car in front of you it will turn the indicator on green or orange depending on the distance. If no car is front of you or you are farther than the car can see the indicator will turn off.

- Dan

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Amber car by itself means that you following too closely, or someone just cut into your lane and is going significantly slower than you. There is a screen that you can select that will tell you the actual following distance in seconds if you want.

@dan2112 did a great job of explaining everything else...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts