Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over 16,000 miles on the Bolt since April and I have no idea why I am bringing my Bolt in for scheduled maintenance... We get two free maintenance appointments from the dealership, but I can't use it for the 22,500 mile one which replaces the cabin filter. They still charge for that part of the service. So I guess I will wait for two hours so they can rotate tires and check fluid levels.

I will ask how much they typical charge for the maintenance, but I think I will start bringing my car to the tire place for free rotations and doing the rest of the maintenance myself. Does anyone know what the dealership charges for the scheduled maintenance for the Bolt? If they charged under $50 and had an express line for quicker EV maintenance I would think about it. But waiting so long for such an easy inspection is annoying.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Cabin filter replacement is easy to do yourself. I haven't done it but from this forum others' have documented it as being easy. Filter itself is cheap and you can buy a superior, carbon filter off Amazon. ProfessorBolta started a thread not too long ago about his experience buying a new filter off Amazon.

As for the maintenance, we'll just have to see. Thankfully, the maintenance schedule for the Bolt looks sparse compared to typical ICE vehicles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts