Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my Bolt for little over a week, and just noticed that the large infotainment screen has a plastic screen protector on it. Pretty sure this came from the factory, and not sure if it should have been removed during dealer prep, or if it should be left on there intentionally. The touchscreen seems to work okay, except sometimes when going from Android Auto screen back to the Chevrolet screen, the screen will not change back when pressing the icon.

Anybody else have one of these? Remove or leave it?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Comments from another Bolt forum noting that others have had the same screen protector on theirs. One removed it, another left it in place. Someone with an older Equinox has had one in place for several years without trouble. Going to leave it alone unless I hear of problems.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If it's not really bothering you, then it's probably better to leave it on for scratch protection and easy cleaning. Like a cellphone protector but for your Bolt's infotainment screen.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It's seems common to me that ALL electronics hav a film on a them. Remove or don't doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Older thread, but good info. Googled screen protector as I wondered if people were leaving theirs on or not for their Bolt. Reason I was considering removing it, is my polarized sunglasses make the screen a little duller because of the screen protector. In the upper right, where there's a little tab, the screen is brighter where the screen protector is absent. When not wearing my sunglasses, the screen protector matches the brightness and I don't notice it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
After a few months it'll have small scratches in it. I have had my bolt since February and may start looking for something to put on it

·
Registered
115 Posts
My only complaint is it seems the screen protector is actually for something else, as instead of being the shape of the screen there are some cut outs in the top right. Anyone find another protector that covers the whole screen?

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
My only complaint is it seems the screen protector is actually for something else, as instead of being the shape of the screen there are some cut outs in the top right. Anyone find another protector that covers the whole screen?
My take on those cutouts is that they're there to give you an easy tab to pry so that you can pull the protector off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts