Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Bolt
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use this brand? Only $199 at Amazon and next shipping is free. I will have the NEMA 10-30 two way cord shipped to me today. Reviews seem good.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I have the 32A version that looks just like that, not Lectron brand. Works great!

·
Registered
2020 Bolt
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think they have diff names but all look the same. Just got my two way NEMA 10-30 cord and it works fine with my drier. Amazon has free prime so i can order the charger and have it the next day no shipping charges.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I placed a order and will have it Tues.
I have one with a 6-20 plug. it works great for my purposes, which is charge around 3.8kw/hr. i do check every so often that nothing is getting crazy hot during charging but that's been the limit of what i've done. beats the heck out of the 120v @ 8amp charger that comes with in my opinion.

·
Registered
960 Posts
beats the heck out of the 120v @ 8amp charger that comes with in my opinion.
The OEM isn't 8 amps. It's 12 amps. The Bolt itself defaults to 8A @ 120. But it can be set to 12A.

The OEM EVSE also operates at 240V at 12A (2.9 kW) with an adapter So, the Lectron is only 33% faster than the OEM EVSE when it's properly setup with a $12 adapter (in this case with the 6-20 wallplate) + $8 lockable electrical box cover.

ga2500ev

·
Registered
8 Posts
I placed a order and will have it Tues.
Ordered mine last week. Have charged 3 times, works flawlessly. What a difference from using 110/120. Only hassle is unplugging the dryer and plugging in the charger, and then the reverse so my wife can dry our clothes!

·
Registered
2020 Bolt
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ordered mine last week. Have charged 3 times, works flawlessly. What a difference from using 110/120. Only hassle is unplugging the dryer and plugging in the charger, and then the reverse so my wife can dry our clothes!
Just get the two way cord. I will know soon once i get it if it all works ok. Just no way to use a faster charger unless i get a new breaker box.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,016 Posts
Ever heard of a Dryer Buddy? Pricey, but it eliminates a big "Hassle Factor" from charging your Bolt.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The OEM isn't 8 amps. It's 12 amps. The Bolt itself defaults to 8A @ 120. But it can be set to 12A.

The OEM EVSE also operates at 240V at 12A (2.9 kW) with an adapter So, the Lectron is only 33% faster than the OEM EVSE when it's properly setup with a $12 adapter (in this case with the 6-20 wallplate) + $8 lockable electrical box cover.

ga2500ev

$12 adapter? Thought they were more like around $50. Have a link?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Bolt
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you still need to set the amps to 12 on the car when using a L2 charger? Only took me 3 hours to charge for my whole weeks worth of driving.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Do you still need to set the amps to 12 on the car when using a L2 charger? Only took me 3 hours to charge for my whole weeks worth of driving.
The 8/12A setting only applies to 120V.

When charging in 240V, the EVSE and the Onboard Charger will just charge at the lower of the two.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts