Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So Weathertechs and/or Huskey Liners about a year away (by my estimation). Meanwhile, it hasn't rained this much in SoCal since the 90's. My light gray interior is taking a beating, especially at the left foot rest, where the floor mat does not cover.

Here's an actual foot rest from a Subaru. On the Bolt there is actually a hard plastic plate under the carpet at the foot rest. Poked a couple of holes and used a couple of plastic push trim rivets.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RWcqoy]Untitled by tk_1971, on Flickr[/URL]

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That's a really clever way of a little remedy to help. Any little bit of protection is better than foot to straight carpet. I would definitely try to clean it every so often with some carpet/upholstery cleaner... once gray gets ruining.. it's hard to come back !

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'd swing by Walmart or Target and pickup some 3M Scotch Guard and treat the carpets. Then get a set of universal Weathertech all weather floor mats.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I may have an idea that doesn't require poking holes into the carpet. Grab some Velcro tape (one side velcro and the other adhesive), stick it on a generic foot rest and then slap it on the Bolt. This way you can easily remove it once WeatherTech comes out with a set of model specific liners.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I may have an idea that doesn't require poking holes into the carpet. Grab some Velcro tape (one side velcro and the other adhesive), stick it on a generic foot rest and then slap it on the Bolt. This way you can easily remove it once WeatherTech comes out with a set of model specific liners.
That's actually an idea I think I'll utilize. Poking holes in the carpet doesn't seem like that ideal for a temporary solution.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's actually an idea I think I'll utilize. Poking holes in the carpet doesn't seem like that ideal for a temporary solution.
Why not (poking holes)?

Once the Weathertechs go in, I'll probably never take them out... ever.

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
i don't understand why it's so hard for OEMs to make good floormats. weathertech does it right, a huge pan that you can just take out and empty/clean. leaving a gap between the dead pedal and the mat makes zero sense.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here's my solution. I found the rubber stair tread cap at Harbor Freight, for about $5, and added 2 strips of self-stick Velcro to the back. The rubber was a bit too long, but some heavy shears took care of that. It's been in place for 2 months now, and seems to be holding up well.

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
that's actually a great idea, but it still doesn't solve the problem of getting junk under the floor mat. i currently have a largish piece of upholstery vinyl covering the floor mat and dead pedal. waiting for one of the premium makers to release their products.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Genius!! It's those moments in life when an idea pops into your head that make the difference! This was a great idea and thanks for sharing

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The GM all-weather mats for the Bolt has some pretty deep grooves to catch debris that may go under the mat, but there doesn't seem to be any of the bucket kind around yet. I suppose if you can't get a hold of upholstery vinyl, a garbage bag would work in a pinch.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here's my solution. I found the rubber stair tread cap at Harbor Freight, for about $5, and added 2 strips of self-stick Velcro to the back. The rubber was a bit too long, but some heavy shears took care of that. It's been in place for 2 months now, and seems to be holding up well.
This is a great solution, harbor freight had the step for $4.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts