Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Left foot rest

14K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  jeanpierre 
#1 · (Edited)
So Weathertechs and/or Huskey Liners about a year away (by my estimation). Meanwhile, it hasn't rained this much in SoCal since the 90's. My light gray interior is taking a beating, especially at the left foot rest, where the floor mat does not cover.

Here's an actual foot rest from a Subaru. On the Bolt there is actually a hard plastic plate under the carpet at the foot rest. Poked a couple of holes and used a couple of plastic push trim rivets.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RWcqoy]Untitled by tk_1971, on Flickr[/URL]

See less See more
#2 ·
That's a really clever way of a little remedy to help. Any little bit of protection is better than foot to straight carpet. I would definitely try to clean it every so often with some carpet/upholstery cleaner... once gray gets ruining.. it's hard to come back !

#4 ·
I may have an idea that doesn't require poking holes into the carpet. Grab some Velcro tape (one side velcro and the other adhesive), stick it on a generic foot rest and then slap it on the Bolt. This way you can easily remove it once WeatherTech comes out with a set of model specific liners.

#13 ·
#12 ·
I called the Husky liners # and she said they were being tested and will be available by the end July and one other member also got the same answer from them.

#15 ·
Here's my solution. I found the rubber stair tread cap at Harbor Freight, for about $5, and added 2 strips of self-stick Velcro to the back. The rubber was a bit too long, but some heavy shears took care of that. It's been in place for 2 months now, and seems to be holding up well.

Attachments

#18 ·
The GM all-weather mats for the Bolt has some pretty deep grooves to catch debris that may go under the mat, but there doesn't seem to be any of the bucket kind around yet. I suppose if you can't get a hold of upholstery vinyl, a garbage bag would work in a pinch.

#22 ·
I just ordered the WeatherTech custom 2017 Bolt front floor mats (all that's available) for $109.95 along with the trunk cargo container blocks. Total shipping of $27. Not cheap! I'll post a picture when they arrive so we can see how well it covers the foot rest. I suspect that I might need to go to FleetFarm or Harbor Freight to get some rubber matting to extend the foot rest based on the pictures on WeatherTech's website, but maybe I'll get lucky.

#23 ·
I hate to tell you, but you probably should start shopping for some rubber matting. Others on this forum already have purchased the custom WeatherTechs for the front seats and the dead pedal is only 50% covered.

#25 · (Edited)
Cheap option for dead pedal coverage

I just purchased Costco mats on sale (Woodland CA Costco) for only $10. (Reg $19 - $9 discount). A huge section of the dead pedal is nicely covered.
If you like this look, then I could see how the dead pedal portion could be cut out and secured with velcro if you have your mats already. But then you would have a lot of left over floor mats...

Attachments

#28 ·
I have been looking for an alternative for a while. Here is a great solution I found:
Amazon.com: K&K Sapphire Automotive Floor Mat - Universal, All-Weather, Nonslip, deep Dish, Heavy Duty, Car Auto SUV Van Truck Trimmable Odorless, 5-Piece Set - Color Options (Chrome on Black): Automotive
It has color options too.

So Weathertechs and/or Huskey Liners about a year away (by my estimation). Meanwhile, it hasn't rained this much in SoCal since the 90's. My light gray interior is taking a beating, especially at the left foot rest, where the floor mat does not cover.

Here's an actual foot rest from a Subaru. On the Bolt there is actually a hard plastic plate under the carpet at the foot rest. Poked a couple of holes and used a couple of plastic push trim rivets.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RWcqoy]Untitled by tk_1971, on Flickr[/URL]

#29 ·
#31 ·
I am a tightwad rancher. I found an aluminum (aluminium) diamond plate truck tool box in the ditch... a bit dented, but a fine resource! 1 dollar tree velcro tape on the back and I made this for total 1 dollar! 🤠⚡👌2019 white LT. View attachment 36582
I am a tightwad rancher. I found an aluminum (aluminium) diamond plate truck tool box in the ditch... a bit dented, but a fine resource! 1 dollar tree velcro tape on the back and I made this for total 1 dollar! 🤠⚡👌2019 white LT. View attachment 36582
Good job.I purcahsed a 2021 Bolt Lt2 and was surprised that there was carpet on the footrest.I live in Canada and the carpet would be wasted after one winter driving and road salt.Like i posted before i used a $1 vinyl floor self stich on my car.But if i could get a diamond plate like yours i would change it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.